Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Update

Hey FAT. Just thought I would write a quick post to let you know how things are going in Ripx world (thanks for prodding me Melissa). I have been doing ok, still not exercising as much as I should nor eating as clean as I should be. Not that its been all bad but I'm definitely not earning it. I guess I have been doing enough to maintain as I really haven't gained any weight either. Still sitting at 222 as of this morning. I haven't given up at all and I know I still have a long way to go in the weight loss arena. I am getting back to cleaner days and exercise as I have no other choice in my eyes.

The holidays have been really good this year. It's amazing how much joy a child can bring you around the holidays. My son has been allot of fun to watch this year. You can almost see the Christmas magic in him. We took him up to Mt Hood last weekend for a night and went sledding. He had a really good time and I got a bunch of exercise pulling him up the hill over and over.

Two weeks ago I went to the Tool concert here in Portland with a friend/ex-coworker that I hadn't seen in some time. It was really cool to see him and have a night out with the guys. Tool was awesome live, they sounded just like they do on their albums. The picture on the right is from my phone so its not the greatest but they sure had a sweet laser light show.

I cant believe that Christmas is less than a week away. Its amazing how fast it sneaks up on you as you get older. Thanks for all the supportive comments and for helping me keep health at the forefront of my mind.

2 comments:

layla said...

you sound like you're having fun! try your best to stay focused but if you aren't in the frame of mind to push yourself again, just make sure you do damage control- at the very least maintain your weight. I think sometimes its good to take a break and just bask in the joy of the holidays. to just take a mental break from focusing on hitting a goal all the time. i hope you enjoy yourself and find that motivation to move downwards again in due time!

Rebecca said...

It sounds corny, but seeing things through the eyes of a child is so much fun. Glad you're enjoying the holidays. I agree with layla about the damage control/maintenance. Not sure what that looks like for you, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.