Monday, February 11, 2008

Living to Die not Learning to Live

I know it has been eons since I have last blogged. I look at my blog and others almost daily still. I have been trying to comment on others blogs but then there are times that I think I shouldn't cause I cant even follow my own advise. As I have always said if I am not blogging then I don't have much to be proud about. I look back at what I ate this weekend and in a nutshell it was Ripx before the FAT coalition type of diet. I am talking pizza, burger & tots, milkshake, spaghetti & bread, ice cream, and an assortment of other candy..... all in the last 3 days. With each one of those eatings I actually thought about how unhappy I am physically but yet I still shoved it in my cake hole telling myself I would deal with it later. In all honesty I think I have pretty much been spinning out of control since thanksgiving. I have had my good week here and there but nothing consistent. Its a very slippery slope as all who have lost and gained weight know. I have been here before.

Truth is I feel like I owe you all a update, even though its not good and that's why I am writing this. I think there is so much value in this group and its something I don't want to loose. I feel like you have all put allot of effort into me and that I am not fulfilling my end of the bargain. I am sure you all understand to a degree. I still do want what I wanted on day one. I am just struggling to get mind, body, and soul all working in unison. Please don't give up on me.

9 comments:

billy said...

First things first, whatever happens, don't stop blogging because you're ashamed, or because you have nothing good to report. This blog is your lifeline. It's the one thing keeping you from falling completely out of the weight loss ring.

I wish I had some advice for you. All I can say is it boils down to your decisions and your actions. You say you'll "deal with it later". There is no later rip. Now is all there is. You have to either do what needs to be done, or not. You have to look at the decisions you're making now, and make sure they are the right ones.

Because what's happening now is you're in conflict, and it's making you miserable. Either be fat and happy, or be in shape and happy. Don't sit around being fat and miserable. You need to make your actions match your intentions.

Rob Tucker said...

Rip, I've been exactly where you are right now a million times. The fact that you're blogging about it tells me that you're not a lost cause in this.

Why are you overeating? Do you feel stressed out? Just lazy? Pity party? You need to capture that.

I noticed with myself that it was all about momenteum. When I was in a rut, I just couldn't get out. Try something for me today.

Go out and go for a walk. A run. A workout. Just do something athletic.

And then tomorrow, eat a healthy meal, pack your lunch with a healthy choices, and go exercise again tomorrow.

Then come back and report to us how it went. If it went good, great. If not, that's ok.

You haven't lost your desire - by blogging you've proved that. You've lost your confidence. Prove to yourself that you can pull yourself up by the chinstrap just for ONE day. Worry about the next day later.

Hang in there, boss. We're here for you no matter what.

Jim McCoy said...

We're not going to give up on you Rip, but YOU need to avoid giving up on you. I know how tempting it all is, I live in a house with a woman who brings all types of crap home and then I have to force myself not to eat it, but let me tell you something. I'm not going to go out of my way to be nice about it either, because you need to hear it straight:

I can't do this for you. Billy can't do this for you. Tuck can't do this for you. The entire FAT Coaltion can't do this for you.You need to do this for yourself. Making excuses and telling yourself that you'll deal with it later is absolute horseshit.

Let me quote one of Rob's mottos:
You get what you EARN.

Let me quoute my motto:
DO SOMETHING.

Let's continue with the theme by combining the theme:

You get what you earn BY DOING SOMETHING!!!

If what you did was eat crap and not work out, what you earned was a higher number and more fat. If what you want to earn is a lower number and less fat, put some effort in and stop whining.

I know I sound like an asshole right now, and to be honest I feel like one, but you've got to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start moving forward.

You can get there, Rip, but you won't do it by complaining about a lack of results and continuing with bad habits is not going to work. Do what Rob said. Take his advice, do something, and get yourself headed in the right direction.

I apologize if that was too rough for you, Rip, but it's what you need to hear. If I don't see this comment posted to your blog, I'll understand.

Ripx180 said...

Jim no worries I don't think your an a-hole... I know that only I can do this and that I am the only one to blame. I don't agree with anything I have been doing and I am definitely not trying to make any excuses. Just trying to give the coalition a update, as I feel I owe you all that. Anyway nothing wrong with some tuff love or big brother advise. You guys are all doing what needs to be done so I have nothing but respect for you all. Thanks for all your insight. It may sound cheesy but the FAT coalition means allot to me and I feel lucky to be accepted. Thanks for the comments, lots of good stuff here.

swankywanker said...

Jim is the nicest A-hole I've ever seen. I'd have torn you another new one. But seems pointless.
Where you are now, in a rut? But at least you blogged. You get credit for that. Now look at where you want to be. How can you get there?

Make it easy to get there. Get rid of the crap in your house. Wife and kid will be better off for it, too. Schedule in your workouts before your week starts. Stock your house, car, office with healthy snacks. Don't get so hungry that you can justify pizza, ever.

You know that guy who does money management tv shows and says "Pay yourself first" about 100 times per hour? Treat this lifestyle like you treat your mortgage. It is the most important bill to pay. You're not morbidly obese. You won't die within the year if you don't lose the weight. But you're clearly not happy with yourself. We all want you to be happy. We all want you to be healthy. How can you help yourself to achieve these things?

billy said...

I have a new diet plan for you:

You're allowed to eat all the pizza and other crap you want but there's a catch: you have to do it with a rubber band triple-wrapped 'round your nutsack.

Ripx180 said...

nice Billy... That would probably be very effective. Guarantee I wouldn't eat any of the food that came with the rubber band deal. I worked on a farm a little when I was younger and saw the banding of some calves.... one of those things you really never forget. pizza + rubber band = no pizza. easy math there....

Jay said...

Rip,

When I find myself slipping, the only thing that helps is exercise. I get myself up in the morning and do the routine I was doing when I fell off the wagon. Just getting my body moving is enough to get me out of the backslide....getting moving in the forward direction takes a bit more, but it all starts with exercise.

Marcol said...

Keep wanting what you did on day one and work on figuring out how YOU can make it your reality. Some folks get it quicker than others that doesnt mean you wont ever get it.