Will is right, it’s time for a update. Things are going fine in my world. I have been hitting my workouts hard and diet has been good for the most part. Maybe a little more lax then it has been previously. I have kind of let a iced latte or bagel on occasion slip into my diet on weekends. I know it's not the best idea so I need to nip that in the butt. Last weekend on Sunday morning I weighed in at 206 (my current low). The hitch is my wife and father threw a birthday party for my mother and I this last Sunday. It was football theme snacks and of course b-day desert. I purposely ate a very light breakfast and ended up not eating dinner in an attempt to control the damage. So yeah I ate wings, nachos, little smokies, candy, cobbler & ice cream etc (All the shit I shouldn't eat). Given that my weight spiked back up and in normal Ripx form I am battling my way back down. This morning I weighed in at 207 so almost back to square one. I am feeling motivated and am ready for some new lows and for getting sub 200. Working out really hard and not having much to show for it recently is starting to get under my skin. I am definitely a results driven guy so I need to get back to the results. It still frustrates the hell out of me that I can eat a solid diet 90%+ of the time and still not lose weight. It’s all very F-n confusing to me. My body doesn't work on the adage of calories in calories out from what I can tell. Working out 6 days a week and eating a 1800-2000cal diet is not dropping the pounds all that fast on a 210 pound guy.... Maybe I am eating too much salt?? I don't know . All I know is I am not giving up and that I must continue to press on along this path for the rest of my life. Sorry my posts are always so muddled and random. As you all know spelling/grammar have never been my strong skills ;). Anyway there you have, thats whats been going on.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Fartnockers
Will is right, it’s time for a update. Things are going fine in my world. I have been hitting my workouts hard and diet has been good for the most part. Maybe a little more lax then it has been previously. I have kind of let a iced latte or bagel on occasion slip into my diet on weekends. I know it's not the best idea so I need to nip that in the butt. Last weekend on Sunday morning I weighed in at 206 (my current low). The hitch is my wife and father threw a birthday party for my mother and I this last Sunday. It was football theme snacks and of course b-day desert. I purposely ate a very light breakfast and ended up not eating dinner in an attempt to control the damage. So yeah I ate wings, nachos, little smokies, candy, cobbler & ice cream etc (All the shit I shouldn't eat). Given that my weight spiked back up and in normal Ripx form I am battling my way back down. This morning I weighed in at 207 so almost back to square one. I am feeling motivated and am ready for some new lows and for getting sub 200. Working out really hard and not having much to show for it recently is starting to get under my skin. I am definitely a results driven guy so I need to get back to the results. It still frustrates the hell out of me that I can eat a solid diet 90%+ of the time and still not lose weight. It’s all very F-n confusing to me. My body doesn't work on the adage of calories in calories out from what I can tell. Working out 6 days a week and eating a 1800-2000cal diet is not dropping the pounds all that fast on a 210 pound guy.... Maybe I am eating too much salt?? I don't know . All I know is I am not giving up and that I must continue to press on along this path for the rest of my life. Sorry my posts are always so muddled and random. As you all know spelling/grammar have never been my strong skills ;). Anyway there you have, thats whats been going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
206 !!!
Dude, you rock !
Sure, it feels like a grind and progress is slow, but, it's still progress !
Keep it up man, as long as you are losing, even only a lbs per month, you are winning !
You must be happy that the Rams were in town last week !
CYA dude !
Keep on keeping on bro. And who knows? If your current eating+working out regimine isn't working, maybe it is a good idea to tweak it.
Rip, are your measurements going down? Depending on your muscle mass, 206 pounds is not necessarily bad. With all the workouts, you are probably reshaping your body. I seem to be in a similar situation as you. I try to eat about 2200 - 2500 calories per day, lift weights 3 days a week and do cardio 2-3 days per week. The scale should be going down but it's not going down quite as fast as I would like. However, my body is reshaping. I've lost about 8 pounds but my waist has gone down a little over 1.5 inches. Maybe it would help psychologically to track your measurements.
Keep it up, man. You'll get there.
I agree with what will said...maybe you aren't getting better results because your body has adapted to your current regimine. The body is by nature pretty effin' lazy! Maybe switch something up, and less sodium is always a good thing in my book.
I'm still confused... what are "fartnockers"? I'm actually giggling as I write this..... so mature....
I think some of the other comments are right. maybe you should include weekly measurements to check your progress. Also maybe you do need to switch up your workout routine. couldn't hurt. and it might be fun to try something different!
Post a Comment