Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Radar Jammer

Not a whole lot has changed for me as of late. I am still hitting my workouts really hard but my diet has left me spinning my wheels. I don't know if its the holidays or if its the weather/less light but I am having a hard time staying as dedicated to a rock solid diet. It hasn't been horrible but I have allowed little things here and there to slip in that I hadn't in the past. I think my wife's resolve has wavered some too and that definitely puts more stress on my willpower (especially in the diet department). For me weight loss is definitely won in the kitchen so I know deep down I must get back to strict eating or nothing is going to happen. At this point maintaining is not enough, I have not gotten were I want to go. I just need to figure out what will motivate me enough to get things rolling again. I have been sitting in the 205 range for way too long. You would think the close proximity to Onederland would be enough motivation to get me going. I ran a sub 30min 5k last night. Was trying to train for the turkey trot that apparently might not happen now. We normally go to Sunriver OR for thanksgiving and location has now been changed to the Oregon coast. I guess I could put on my own Turkey Trot beach style and me and my wife would be the only competitors. At least we would take 1st place in both the men's and women's categories. Besides slow weight loss life is good. We all need to up the blog chatter, besides Roder this place has been way to quite (and yes I still read daily)....

I will leave you with a cute pic of my kid. This year he wanted to be a Christmas tree for Halloween.... yes you read it right a xmas tree. I too was thinking "why not batman or Dracula??" My wife made his costume from scratch and I think she did a really good job. Everyone loved it and you could see him a mile away with the lights lit up.

2 comments:

David said...

Yeah,

I am also not fighting the "diet" fight terribly well. At least, i know what i can do to lose weight.

I have a terrible time getting just 4 perfect eating days and i usually have 3 pretty bad eating days to top the week off.

The costume is really awesome.
Excellent idea that your kid had !

CYA round Dude !

David said...

Dude,

Are you still rocking ?
It's been 3 weeks !

Dave