David thanks for the question about P90x and for helping me get motivated to write. This is actually my second round of P90x and it is kicking my a$$ more this time than last. In the first 90 days I did the "lean" rotation which has more cardio days than resistance days. This time around (just starting week 7) I am doing the classic rotation. Like last time around week 6 or so I started feeling pretty run down. I haven't missed any workouts in the last 2 weeks but the moves are getting harder to perform. I feel like my body is bonking especially in the push up, pull ups, and triceps department. I definitely know I am getting stronger cause I can do 4 un-assisted chin ups now and my weight amounts I am lifting are going up. But like I said a few sentences ago I am feeling flat energy wise. My diet has been good on the weekdays for the most part but I am still struggling some on the weekends here and there. I weighed myself this morning and I am still sitting at 206. So I am still doing the workouts but haven't really made any huge changes diet wise since my last post. I know if i want to loose weight I have to eat less but for some reason I am having a hard time with that right now. I guess mentally I need to get frustrated enough with not seeing much progress to change my diet. I have no excuses its just what it is. We did Plyometrics last night which has to be one of the most taxing workouts in the P90x program. I think towards the end I started to feel a little asthma which I haven't felt in decades (since I was a kid, kind of freaked me out). I do have the a little bit of a cold hanging on and wondered if it contributed to is slightly. It wasn't like this was the first time I have done that workout. I think since I have a friend doing the X with me it has helped me up the intensity which is a good thing. We also help keep each other accountable making sure we get our workouts done.
The rest of January is a pretty busy month for me. I have the PDX lan this coming weekend (3 solid days of computer gaming). This is the first time I have ever attended something like this so it should be interesting. I know I wont be able to pull the hours all the youngsters will be pulling. Plus I have a family to be with too. I wont miss any workouts cause the guy I am working out with is attending the LAN also.... The following weekend is our annual friends trip to Sunriver and Mt Bachelor for some snow skiing. Its going to be interesting trying to get my workouts in while I'm in Sunriver. I am sure diet will be tuff both weekend too.
Well I guess I have rambled long enough. Hope everyone else is doing well.
3 comments:
Looks like those P90X workouts are really something. I'm probably going to get the DVD package soon.
If you feel like you have no energy maybe you need to eat more quality foods and sleep better nights. But i guess you know better what's best for you right now !
Don't fall in the chips and Mountain Dew trap at PDX ! (ahah)
Hang on, January is about half-over already !
Sounds like those workouts are pretty killer. I am kinda stuggling to find something I want to be working out, so maybe I'll give those a shot. It is just tough for me because I might be one of the few, but I really enjoy working out at the gym, I can't do it at my house.
Keep up the good work man, hopefully we'll both be in one-derland soon.
Have fun at PDX!
How's it going man?
Post a Comment