Monday, January 24, 2011

Bad and Good

Well this weekend wasn't quite as productive as I would have liked it to have been weight loss wise. As for most people weekends pose increased social activities and more chance of bad food/tuff choices. Friday I had a guys night out with a couple buddies and Saturday was out for a b-day dinner with friends. So both nights I had some beer and some food that isn't on my diet. On the flip side (good) I did run 5 times this last week including both Friday and Sunday and I felt my diet was in the forefront of my head. When I did eat not the best I did take note of it and did avoid some damage making good choices that I wouldn't have a few weekends ago. This last weekend wasn't perfect at all but it was a step in the right direction. I just need to keep making the bad less and less. Weight loss wise I am not really up or down. That is tuff to swallow but hey I already know its hard for me to lose weight. Just got to keep on keeping on.....

In the spirit of fitness and tools I picked up a couple apps to try out on my iphone. I got the Nike+GPS which is supposed to use the GPS to track your runs etc. The other one I got is Mens Health Workouts. It has a series of workouts and moves all illustrated etc. I have a friend who is always shredded and in great shape and he swears by the Spartacus workout Men's Health put out. Looks like pretty intense circuit training along the lines of some of the workouts in P90x. I am gonna give it a go tonight. Cool thing is both of these apps were only 1.99 each so definitely wont break the bank.

Another thing my buddy who is ripped talked about is he is totally into heart rate training and the science behind it. I think I am going to start paying a little more attention to that too. Allot of the time when running especially I am over my zone (80%). Anyway the last few paragraphs are just food for thought and stuff I have been mulling over in my head.

It's Monday folks, lets make this a good week.

1 comment:

David said...

Keep attacking those goals man.

I know it gets real hard to stay motivated when you work so hard and don't get any result because of bad decisions made over a weekend.