Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Blogger Bum

I know lately I have been a blogger bum. Generally if I am not blogging I am probably not doing what I need to be doing to loose weight and get headed back in the right direction. You will notice my last blog was on last Friday shortly after running the turkey trot. Guess what, I felt good then about my accomplishment and I was doing something that I wanted FAT to read about. Guess what I haven't done since I wrote that post? exercise, yup your right.... My diet hasn't been horrible but its not good enough to loose weight either. If you haven't read Phenom's recent post you should. I am going to piggy back on what he said "I’m killing myself from the inside out". In all seriousness I don't know why I have been making the choices I have. Maybe cause its easier and I am a fat lazy bum. All the reasons are lame excuses that have no weight. I have found myself slipping into the "I'll fix it tomorrow" mind set. Last time I did that I ended up 50lbs heavier. I know deep down I have no other options besides taking care of myself. I also know I have posted BS posts like this before so don't feel like you need to waste your written breath on me. I am struggling once again and I know I need to throw myself a mental flotation device before I sink.

Tonight I will exercise because I have to and I want to. I want to be proud of me, I want FAT to be proud of me, I want my family to be proud of me. I don't want to fail, it just isn't an option. I know this is something that has to come from within me. If I don't post and you have a moment please harass me. I need to keep health/fitness at the forefront of my head. I know I have been kind of the wounded soldier, sand bag, or wet blanket of FAT as of late. I don't want to be that guy anymore, something has to change.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Not to sound New Agey, but I think you are defeated from the inside out. You seem to have a negative view of yourself which perpetuates itself. But you know what, I think that when you are good & ready, when you get really SICK of being overweight, making excuses, saying the same thing to us & yourself, you'll get it together and make some changes. You're right - you have to dig deep inside and find the reasons that you are not getting it done, otherwise you will keep circling the same mountain. I'm sure that you can get it done, but are you?

Anonymous said...

Plenty of room on the wagon, friend!

Marcol said...

Amen to the preacher (Rebecca) ;) No need for me to say anything more other than... Search your soul Brother Rip!

Rob Tucker said...

Rip - it doesn't matter how many times you have to make this post. I know I've made this same post probably 50 times in the past year.

The key to it is realizing that this is what you are and what you do - and putting it out there that you aren't happy about it, and that you're going to do something about it.

Quitters quit.

Winning pick themselves up.

Oh, and hit up the new forum I created (and everyone else who reads this). The FAT Forum -
http://fatcoalition.makeforum.org

Jay said...

How important is this to you? Ask yourself that. It's easy to make excuses and get comfortable and satisfied when you've made a little progress...but you've got more to do, and I want to see you get there!

If you really honestly assess how important this is, and how much you want it, you'll figure out how far you want to take it.

There's no magic to this, it's just a daily commitment to being the best Rip you can be.

Melissa said...

Rip, not much to add to what everyone said. But I have to agree that there is a lot of negativity going on inside. I think you need to do some work on your inside to help with the outside.

Ive said this in my blog before, you can do all the work you want on the outside, but until you work on the inside, the two will never work together. I think this is whats holding you back. Maybe you should implement some new behavior changes so the positivety can reach you inside resulting in helping you outside...does that make sense?