Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Going Through the Motions

Hey FAT, thought I would push out a post since I have been kind of quiet lately. Like many of you I feel like I haven't had much to say or much of anything of interest to blog about lately. Things have been kind of the same old same old for me. Still working out 4-5 times a week but battling my diet as usual. I don't think its horribly bad but there is definitely room to improve. Marcol has been helping me put together a new interval training routine that should really help me kick it into the next gear (thanks Marcol). The new workout has lots of cool new moves that I have never done so I am looking forward to something fresh. I really feel like I should be seeing some serious results. Interval training (tabatas, bootcamp, crossfit, TT , HIIT what ever you call it) is freaking brutal, I have much respect for all you people that have been doing it. It will be nice to get to the point where I don't feel like I am going to spew 4 mins into a workout. I feel like I am a freaking ford pinto bumping against the rev limiter 90% of the time. :)

Last night was good.... The Hawks handed the 49ers a strait up ole school butt whip-n on MNF. They looked solid on both offense and defense. Granted I know the NFC West is weak and the 49ers are kind of in crumble mode. I am just so tired of Seattle not getting any respect from anyone in the media. Mike Celizic on msnbc is such a bag of hot air and I don't know why I continue to read his articles. Dudes about as predictable as the weather, what a fair weather fan sports writer. Problem with being a fan is having to be one through good and bad. Anyway I will stop crying about the hawks. I know they are not near the top of the pile in the NFL but they are the team I follow.

Other notes in ripx world... This wed we have a ultra sound to check up on baby 2. We are hoping to find out the sex if he/she cooperates. I hope its a girl but my gut says its a boy. What do you think? We are also heading north to Seattle this weekend to hang out with some friends we haven't seen in a while. So diet is going to be kind of tuff this weekend I am sure. The following week is our annual trip to Sunriver for Thanksgiving (wed - Sunday). I am still on track with my two 5ks a week to prepare for the turkey trot while I am down there (looking forward to that).

Hope everyone else is doing well.

8 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Well, if the baby cooperates, you know it's a boy ;)

/runs away

kyle said...

If you have time in the coming days or week, would you explain the workouts that you're doing. It sounds like something that I'd like to get into so that I'm continuously pushing my body.

As for baby #2, all I can say is be careful what you wish for ;). My two girls (3 year old and 3 month old) definitely keep me busy.

On an unrelated note, thank you very much for all the support you've given me on my posts. You've been where I'm at, and I just appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts.

Kristen said...

I read this a couple days ago, and then I remembered it when I read your post today :)

Enjoy!

http://skwigg.tripod.com/blog/index.blog?entry_id=1760110

Marcol said...

Hey Rip glad to read another post from you. I started thinking as I was reading your blog about this coming weekend...why do you anticipate it being a tough one? My not just prepare to make it the best you can? You dont have to eat the junk thats set before you...no matter where we eat there are always choices we can make to lessen the damage. Last year I faced two holidays and other happenings and didnt gain a pound...(I wasnt the only one to have this happen either - my partner didnt gain either) in fact I loss inspite of those events. Why? Well because me and my partner prepared for them. We anticipated and did what we had to do. She went away and didnt eat the stuff the put before her, I went to my mom's and didnt eat everyting on the table. So dont buy into this its going to be tough...its only as tough as you make it my friend...

Sorry for being so rough on ya.

swankywanker said...

Oh man. You and I have work to do. You're a Ford Pinto, I'm a Plymouth Fuckin' Voyager. Time for an upgrade. I'd like to be an Audi TT roadster. Cherry red. You?

Jay said...

Hey Rip! It feels like forever since I checked in...sorry :(

quick comment - none of those workouts really matter without the focus on the diet. The diet is 80% of it....but, if you want to check out crossfit, it looks like there's one in Vancouver.

http://www.crossfit.ca/index.php/Mainpage

One of the folks in my gym goes up to Vancouver a lot and he tells me the crossfit up there is pretty nice.

Anonymous said...

I think it's a girl. :)

Great job on the interval training. I started it back up today and...yeah, it sucks. You'll see results, though and it'll (almost) be worth it. :)

Rebecca said...

Sometimes all you can do is keep going through the motions. The funny thing about weight loss is that you never know when it's going to shift, you just have to keep doing what you know is right. There have been days for everybody where the scale has cooperated wonderfully, and you never know when it's gonna happen. Hang in there!