For those of you that are doing the t-nation A and B workouts that Billy posted about are they getting any easier? I don't know if its the big compound movements or what but I cant get through these workouts without feeling like absolute sh*t. Last night after doing the majority of workout A I was laying on the hardwood floor trying to cool down cause I was on the verge of puking. The puke factor seems huge in these workouts for me. I don't know if I am just in really bad cardio shape or what. At this point I dread doing them cause it makes me feel so ill during and 20-30 mins after. I tried to take longer breaks in between sets but still cant dodge the feeling that I am going to yuke. I don't really get cardio winded I just start feeling sick. I do get breathing some and sweat but not as much as when I am on the treadmill running. Any advice? I am not sure what the deal is.
Brian, In answer to your comment/question, no I am not any closer. I pretty much ate like a a$$ hat over the new years holiday. This morning I weighed in at 225 which really made me feel like crap. I am pretty frustrated with myself at this point but I think that's a good thing. As I mentioned on Robs blog its been 2 months since I have written "new low" on my blog. That is just unacceptable to me and I am embarrassed about it. That is why I haven't been blogging as much, cause I don't feel I deserve to post to a weight loss blog given my shatty performance. I know the only thing I can do is take control of the present and future. I am pissed that I have to re loose 5lbs... With that said thanks to all of you who continue to support me and my struggle to loose weight.
In other news we found out that our second son will come into the world via c-section on March 28th. I am really excited about that and am using it for motivation to be a healthier daddy by that time. We are also gearing up to put our home of 8 years on the market. With the new addition we are needing more space than our 1200sf home provides. I got to have a computer room and space to workout ya know.....
14 comments:
I've look at that workout, and I could just tell it would be a pukefest. Any time you bring compound exercises into the equation, especially doing supersets, it's going to be brutal. But, if you keep at it your strength and endurance will increase dramatically, and you will be able to handle the loads more efficiently.
Hey Rip~
When I did the Cosgrove/Waterbury workouts that youre doing I did notice that after doing them a few weeks I made noticeable changes. I was able to increase my weights and got through the workouts quicker and with more ease.
If youre feeling like you need to puke all the time it could be the workouts are too intense for you at this time or you didnt prepare your body for the metabolic requirements via your meals. You may consider lifting less to help you out or figuring out your nutrition to fuel yourself through them.
I found that I sweat just as much with those exercises as I do with cardio - but I busted ass and stuck to the exact rest/work times. If those are off in any way the effects of the workouts change.
My .02 hope it helps.
A new baby and a new home - good stuff!
Don't expect things to get easier Rip. Working out and whipping your ass into shape isn't easy. It's hard. If it's easy, you're doing something wrong.
That being said, yes these are tough! Just stick with it man. It will get a little better I think as you get used to it.
These are definitely tough. I'm assuming they will become easier with time, but then it's time to up the weights...
I haven't felt like puking though...just a lot of burn, especially tonight.
Well from what you all said I will assume I am just not in very good cardio shape. I will keep plugging away in the assumption that my body will adapt and get better at it. Thats what usually happens. Thanks for the comments. You all rock!
Rip,
I'm doing the TT workouts, and I'm finding that I'm in crappy cardio shape, so I'm having trouble getting the number of reps he's asking for. But these workouts are doing something for us, as opposed to "easy" ones or ones that we are used to...
Jay
I am doing a similar type of workout from Cosgrove and it wears me out, but keep at it, it just means you are getting a SUPER intense workout :)
Rip if you stick to this workout (a workout way out of my league!), I know that you will soon see a new low. Keep at it!
And congrats on a date for the new baby..that is so exciting :)
"We all struggle. We are all here to support one another. We got your back and you get ours when we are down. Its all Give and take FAT brother."
That's what you told me when I wasn't doing well. It helped me, and so I'm just letting you know that we're here. I'm not in a position to know whether or not this gets any easier, but my assumption is that it has to. Obviously anything worth doing takes time and effort, but after time the changes that you've made will become your norm. That's what I'm banking on ;)
hahahaa! you said ass hat. hahahaa!
HEY I left you a comment yesterday and it's not here :(.
Haven't done these, but I can say that most workouts get easier if you're in better shape. The key is that you'll have to push yourself harder to keep seeing results....but that's a good place to be.
Dang Rip, I'm not feeling bad about my lack of posts after looking at your blog. :) Keep us in the loop man!
Do the right thing, Rip and you'll get there. Congratulations on your new son. It must be nice to know exactly when it's going to happen.
Hey Rippers, how you doing? Keep in touch!
Post a Comment