We just had a almost week long vacation down in Sunriver with a bunch of friends and family.
We all had a really nice time and everyone made it there and home in one piece. It was a hard week for me to be in my own fat skin. The other 3 guys down there are all fire fighters and in phenomenally good shape (we are all close to the same age). Two of them are training for a iron man this coming summer and all three have ran marathons etc. Then there is me.... not a fireman and fat. I really felt out of touch, old, out of shape, and down about it in general. I only got in the hot tub one time cause I am embarrassed of who I am with my shirt off. Then to top it off the last night we all drank way too much. I think it was probably the most intoxicated I have ever been in my life. Luckily I didn't do anything too stupid but all of us guys were embarrassed for our choices. I felt like I had to apologize to the wives and ladies there and they all kind of chuckled at me and said "everyone needs to cut loose every once in a while". I think it was kind of a eye opener for me. I didn't like the feeling that night or the day after. I For all you tech heads like me.... Have you checked out GA (google analytics?). It's free with your g-mail account. It pretty much tracks all the traffic on your site. You can see what cities people are logging in from, number of hits, and a ton of other information. I have put it on my blog and my personal home page. Its been really interesting to watch hit trends etc. On days I write a blog it goes way up (as you would expect).

I am going to try and catch up on all your blogs today at lunch. Hope everything is going well and that the fat is coming off for the rest of you.
10 comments:
I can certainly relate to going overboard with the drink and having to face the music the next day. Rarely does anything good come out of those decisions.
Looks like you had a great time in the snow there. Now if I could only learn to love snow that much I might not have such an issue with my location.
Welcome back!
Sounds like you had a good time....too good!
Can't wait to see you getting back on the fitness horse. Hanging around firemen will motivate you, for sure!
glad to have you back!
i have to check out google analytics. looks neat.
We've all done it, Rip. Don't sweat the bad booze decision, just put it behind you and keep moving forward.
Are you sure there isn't something you want to tell us about all that booze, the in-shape firefighter guys, the hot tub, and your "regrets"?
hahaha just kidding man. Glad to have you back. Now time to whip into shape.
nice billy ;) got me cracking up... never thought of it that way. Makes me want to puke again.... :)
I think there comes a time in everyone's life when the 'power' drinking gets old. It totally destroys your system, and it defeats your goals.
That being said, I'll let you know when I grow out of it - should be a good day ;)
Glad to have you back, Rippers.
Hi Rip!
That iglo (sp?) looks pretty cool. How long did that take to make?
Even though you dont have the firefighter body, did you get any fitness tips from them that can help you on your journey.
Hey Marcol,
The igloo took about 1.5 hours with two guys working on it. They had a ton of snow down there and it was perfect for packing.
I think those fire guys just lead by example. fitness and nutrition is just part of there daily routine for the most part. What I like to call a lifestyle. Heck if I got paid to workout I would probably work out more too. It would make it allot easier. Not that I am using that as a excuse.
Thats funny Rip, cause I can totally relate to the whole Fire Fighter thing. I have 3 brothers-in-law and wouldn't you know that all of them are Fire Fighters. Not to mention that my mother in law is one of 9 (with 5 brothers) 4 of which are Captains here in the Valley of the Sun. Needless to say, every time we have a family function I feel like the chubby guy who for whatever reason isn't cool enough to be a Fire Fighter. Don't get me wrong, I love em and they're all good guys, but couldn't just one of them be an accountant that doesn't play ping pong all day (when they're not saving lives of course). Anyway, that is just a small reason why I'm striving to be more fit.
Post a Comment