thrashing around in the 205-210 lbs range for way to long. At this point I don’t know what it’s going to take for me to put this behind me and just get sh!t done. I know I have said this before but working out really hard to see the scale remain the same is really disheartening. I guess I need to really dig in deep and really look at why I am not succeeding. I will leave you with a picture of our crazy dog. She is a specimen of physical balance and power. At 5 years old she still has the energy of a 2 year old dog and can run like this all day long.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Great Weekend, Bad Choices
This last weekend was a good weekend when it comes to life and enjoying it. We spent a long weekend down at the Oregon coast with family. The weather was absolutely beautiful, sunny but cold. For the last few months I haven’t done very well with my diet when I am away from home, especially when sharing a house with a group of people who eat whatever they feel like. I feel like they are pretty much supportive of our diet but they are also supportive of feeding us stuff off our diet too. I know when it gets down to the main problem it lies with me. I have the say and power to absolutely control what goes in my mouth and yet I still choose to eat or drink things that I shouldn’t be consuming. The part that really chaps my hide is that I still have been hitting my workout consistently. I did a long yoga workout on Friday morning overlooking the ocean off the deck of the house we rented. I am sure it looked quite comical to see a big guy out there trying to stretch into positions I don’t belong. Yesterday I did a 3 plus mile run on the beach. For my effort I got a 209 on the scale this morning (4 pounds up from my low). I didn’t eat great but I didn’t eat that bad either. Once again I continue to learn and re-learn the fact that I can’t out train a bad diet or lose weight while eating outside of the very restricted box. I have been
thrashing around in the 205-210 lbs range for way to long. At this point I don’t know what it’s going to take for me to put this behind me and just get sh!t done. I know I have said this before but working out really hard to see the scale remain the same is really disheartening. I guess I need to really dig in deep and really look at why I am not succeeding. I will leave you with a picture of our crazy dog. She is a specimen of physical balance and power. At 5 years old she still has the energy of a 2 year old dog and can run like this all day long.
thrashing around in the 205-210 lbs range for way to long. At this point I don’t know what it’s going to take for me to put this behind me and just get sh!t done. I know I have said this before but working out really hard to see the scale remain the same is really disheartening. I guess I need to really dig in deep and really look at why I am not succeeding. I will leave you with a picture of our crazy dog. She is a specimen of physical balance and power. At 5 years old she still has the energy of a 2 year old dog and can run like this all day long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for pulling me out my torpor ! Glad you had a great weekend. I also enjoyed a sport trip (NFL & NHL) in Washington DC this weekend.
I know that the reason why i have not lost weight in the past weeks is because i am not working hard enough (i am barely working out at all). I hope you find the answer within yourself and solve this matter.
Thanks for the support Dude.
Alright, man. You're tagged.
your yoga workout sounds awesome. It's nice to get to work out in scenic places.
It's so hard to find a balance. When my life is "scheduled" it's a piece of cake (oops, bad metaphor), but when I'm out of my element I struggle - we all do.
Sounds like the beach was awesome and made for some good memories.
Post a Comment