Well the last few days have been good in both the food and exercise front. Its been kind of weird trying to get back to normal eating. I have been hungry but thats probably due to at least a 1/3 less calories in my daily diet. I was looking at one of those calorie king books and was appalled at the number of calories in dinners from restaurants. I knew they were high but none the less it was a eye opener and showed me why I have been gaining weight. This week I am trying to conform to my low carb on cardio days and little more normal carb intake on weight days to help with muscle repair and building. Today is a low carb day and I can already feel the effects of it (less energy). I have also been trying to make realistic portions for my food and that is daunting too... 4ozs, is that really all I get?!?!?. All I know is I need to correct my path before it gets too far off course, so that's what I am doing. So I have to re loose 14lbs or so before hitting new lows. I am back and this time I am going all the way.
On a disappointing note a 14 pound increase in scale weight equated to 6% body fat increase via my stupid scientific scale. It had the audacity to tell me my BF is 30%..... makes me sick. I also went from 10 to 12 in the visceral fat scale (10 is considered healthy range and 12 is bad). BMI is at the high end for the overweight zone nearing obese at 29.... So via that piece of shit scale I have allot of work to do/re-due. So that is what taking time off has done for me.... (FYI, i know the scales are not 100% accurate given hydration etc but it gives me a good baseline.)
Another thing to note on is my workouts are definitely harder and I have noticed little aliments (sore knees, sore back, etc etc) that I used to have when I was heavier are starting to become more present. hopefully a month or two back in I will see those things going away again.
My short term goal is to hit <200 again by the end of Feb. Maybe a little aggressive but I think its doable if I really batten down the hatches and kick azz. Wish me luck!!
9 comments:
Wow, you sound a lot like me today. It sucks looking back at where you were, but remember that you can get there again...
I feel much the same way sometimes: Frustrated and disappointed. My weight has been fluctuating like crazy and I just want it to stabilize so I can get a nice linear decrease, but it won't and it's driving me nuts. But on the other hand we both know what we have to do, so as long as we do it we'll get there. It just might be a more frustrating journey than we'd like :)
Man Rip - it sure stinks to go through this, but you know, I think the pain of having to face it will help keep you on the straight and narrow in the future.
Good Luck! Great goal! Aggressive goals are the best in my opinion, they keep your head in the game. Remember that sugar triggers body fat storage. (sugar = insulin release = calories stored as body fat) Try not to get any sugar in your diet. When you eat carbs make sure that a good amount of the carbs are fiber. Once you wean your body off your sugar addiction (serious), you will stop feeling tired when you do not have any. It might take a week or so. This worked for me. It might work for you. I will email you with some more thoughts too.
Summer is right around the corner!
Alright Dude,
I'm back in the game. Had a new baby girl in Dec. and got a couple of bad sports injuries playing Ultimate.
I'm at 210 lbs and i want, like you to get back into Onederland ASAP !
Motivation level is sky high !
It's been a month since your last post ! You still on a break ?
But, thanks for commenting, it's always good to read !
the important thing is you have no hostily toward your scales. But serious you can get back on track and start singing the praises of those scales when your hard work pays off.
What's your status?
Hello? You still there?
Post a Comment