Monday, September 13, 2010

Commit to being Commited

Well I finally weighed myself and I hung my head in disappointment (222). Truthfully it was about what I expected but once again I find myself so far away from where I want to be. I put together another weekend of bad eating and drinking. Sitting here on a Monday wondering wtf I was thinking is beginning to become to common place. I really dont understand why I am so careless or reckless with my body and health. The sad thing is my kids catch the collateral damage in the food choices I make. I wish I had a reset switch of sorts.. Anyway I know having a pity party or beating myself up for past choices has very little positive effect if any.

This week I am going to eat better, get in at least 4 workouts, and post 3 blogs. My wife wants to do a 5k and I told her I would run with her so I am publicly committing to that right here and right now. She has a fair amount of weight to loose and allot of training too if she is going to do a 5k (never has before). I found her a 9 week couch to 5k program that she is going to follow. The best way for me to support her is to lead by example. Tonight I am going to run 2 miles without stopping (wish me luck). We are setting out sights on a turkey trot.

Time for this guy to get off the ground, wake up, and open my eyes (yeah that's me in the pic a little over a week ago, beached whale in Rockaway OR).....

1 comment:

Brian said...

good luck. you're going to do it. You, me, Bill, we're all back and so now lets get moving. I've got a week of working our and good eating behind me and I have no plans of slowing down. I wish you the same. Just start putting good consecutive days behind you.