After being gone so long I really don't know where to start. My weight has re-spiked back up to about 10 pounds short of my heaviest and I feel its time to say "Enter title of Blog Post"... With the addition of the 35 pounds or so I have also brought back many things about myself I don't like. When I really slow down to look in the mirror and say "who am I?" I don't really know and don't like what I see. The guy looking back at me isn't who I want to be, how I want to look, or who I want my children and wife to see. I see a overweight, lazy guy who used to care about his health, appearance, and how he portrayed himself. In all truth you could go back to my first ever post (http://ripx180.blogspot.com/2007/06/introduction.html) and re-read, it all applies plus some, and now I am 4 years older. I have reached the low 190s 3 times to never make my goal of being Ripx180lbs. Usually about 1.5 years later I am knocking on fatties door and find myself in this very same spot I am now except older each time. How does one break the cycle, I ask myself that all the time. Anyway I could go on and on about the fat predicament i find myself in now but that's never been the focus of my blog so I will switch gears.
Over the last week or so I have felt a mental change for the better in my motivation to do something about it again. I think there are several things attributed to flipping the switch back on. The fact I don't feel comfy in my own skin, my clothes are tight, I get winded easy, I want to be a good roll model for my boys, a good friend of mine that I have worked out with in the past is getting his head back in the game, and the FAT coalition is starting to gather a head of steam (sorry for the largest run on sentence ever). So what's my plan you say?? In one word "basics". In the past I have tried to focus on loosing weight and gaining muscle at the same time. I don't think that works well for me, I spin my wheels too much. This time I am going to focus on diet and weight loss until I hit a desired weight goal. With that said I think I will be doing mostly cardio with a few weight workouts a week (to try and preserve the muscle mass I have). I really enjoyed P90x when I was doing it but I am in no shape to be doing that right now. I have a bike and a treadmill that I think I will be seeing allot of in the future. I ran (ok jogged and walked) the last two nights and i am pretty sore from that alone. Tonight I will be doing some video to get a sweat on and burn some calories while giving my running muscles a short break.
Anyway, I plan on posting here more again and look forward to reading some comments if you have a moment.
2 comments:
Glad I can see your blog again. You can do it. We just gotta keep trying to make it happen.
Hi There RipX
Gaining some steam are you ? I see you updated your objectives and it seems We have one in common : reach One-derland during the first months of summer. I remember reading your couple of posts in September, seeing you were 222 lbs at the time and thinking it was almost impossible to get to that point with everything we know about ourselves. Well, what do you know 4 months later, i am in the same situation that you are at 222 lbs.
I read your latest post and sure enough, it's groundhog day all over again. I sense that you might be slightly depressed somewhat, from the feeling of helplessness of the inevitable cycle.
Reading back on your first post ever, i realise that we both went through the lifestyle change in June 2007, we both were around 195 lbs at the lowest and for the both of us, 2010 was a bad weightloss year.
I know that i am motivated for 2011, and i really want to reach that Onederland objective pretty bad. I can sense that you are motivated also. I want to help you stay motivated and i could certainly appreciate getting some help of my own from you. I'd need you to post on a steady basis, we know that accountability works.
As for the FAT Coalition gaining some steam, am i missing something, because everything seems quiet to me.
Kick some ass now buddy !
Post a Comment