Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Got a Whole Lot of Nothing....

Well the last few weeks have been pretty much a wash. Haven't been hitting my workouts and my diet has been good off and on. Thought I had found the eye of the tiger but woke up one day with the eye of the sloth.

Well this last wed I had my annual physical. Doc says "looks like you have put on some weight". I agree and he asks why? Pretty much tell him that my diet has gotten lax and that I haven't been working out like I was. Anyway he goes into the usual I am not a nutritionist run down of what I should be eating and that I need to get more exercise. I agree and he tells me my blood pressure is up and that he would like to see it down where it was last year. Which turns back to diet and exercise talk. I am also supposed to go get a blood draw for test too and i am afraid of what that might say too. With that all being said I know what needs to be done but I am having a hard time putting it into motion. I think allot of people are struggling with this exact same thing. I mentally feel like I am missing out on something if I cant eat what other people are eating or drink beers with my buddies. So much in my family and friends circles revolves around food and drink. But alas I have said all this before. I need to find the thought process or mindset that says it doesn't matter and that my health and wellness is more important than living in the now.

Tonight I plan on getting some exercise in and I still need to keep posting more here. Sorry for such a long time between posts.

3 comments:

seattlejuan said...

Holy Cow!
You are posting again!
I just checked on a whim.
This is John in Seattle.
I really hope you get your diet dialed in. I hate to see you focusing so much on exercise. Diet is *seriously, 90% of weight management. I am speaking as a formally obese guy who has kept >70 lbs off for almost 2 years.
Dude, I think the last time we chatted, I mentioned the paleo lifestyle - look at it again - recently a new book has come out. I implore you to read it, follow the perscription for 30 days, and see what happens. It is all about real, nutritious food. What do you have to lose: Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0982565844?ie=UTF8&tag=robwol-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0982565844

seattlejuan said...

Wow, you are blogging again. Awesome!
John in Seattle here.
Have you read Robb Wolf's book?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0982565844?ie=UTF8&tag=robwol-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0982565844

Stop worrying about exercise. Just lift really heavy shit a couple times a week. Focus on stuffing your face with protein instead of carbs and fats. You will drop weight fast. The beer part is harder and I don't know what to tell you. I would be 8% body fat instead of 15% if I could cut out the beer.

Good luck!

David said...

I read you loud on clear when you say you feel like you are missing out on life when you can't eat and drink to your heart's content.

Moderation had its virtues, have the pizza if you want, just don't eat the whole pie.

Somehow, you need to get your head in the game. I want to see you really commit to something man ! Keep us posted.