Well I have been rocking the 90s goatee for the last 15 years cutting it off on occasion to only grow it back shortly after. Well yesterday I decided it was time for a change and chopped it off making myself a little promise. For many of those 15 years I have been hiding my fat chin behind it using it's look to elongate my face. My promise to myself was I will not grow it back until I am back in Onederland and I plan to stick to that. If you cant give yourself your own word and stick to it than how good is your word? Its time to get back in and start pushing back.
3 comments:
I think that's a cool idea. I too started rocking the goatee when I started gaining weight as a way to hide my flabby neck. I shaved it off a few months ago, and my neck isn't really flabby any more, but I look funny without it now so I grew it back. Should be pretty motivating to know you can't hide behind it though, let us know how you feel and if it changes the way you think at all, I'm interested to see what happens.
+1 on being honest with yourself !
Rip! Hope you're doing good, man.
Not sure if you're just taking a break from the blog of walking away from it like I did with 4xlt, but if you come back and see this, I'm starting the blogging back again at a new address:
http://becoming.willphillips.org
Post a Comment