Monday, September 24, 2007

4 Score and 3 Days Ago

I would have to say the weekend away from home was a success for the most part. I had to do walk bys and disaster control like 24/7 it seemed. There was tones of loaded up processed carbs floating around that house. The only slip up I really had was after drinking some beers I found my hand in the cool ranch dorito bag. I didn't stay there very long because I truthfully stared thinking about Rob and Jay who I knew were most likely holding their shield and swords high battling the temptations that haunt my fellow "Weekend Warriors". I knew there were many coalitioners who were eating right, exercising, and loosing weight. Besides that I really tried to size down my portions and be mindful of any adults beverages I wanted to consume and adjust calories appropriately. I think I was successful given the situation.

Lately I have been crazy on the 210 workout that Rob talked about a few weeks (or maybe month ago). I have started to apply the 210 rule to different moves. Last night I did the original 210 with pushups, yes I made it all the way........but yes they where girl pushups (knees on the ground). It still gives me a hell of a workout and I really struggle to finish them leaving my chest, arms (tris and biceps), and back sore the next day. However I have noticed my body is starting to adapt because I don't feel crippled the next day like I did the first time I did them. After a little rest I was wondering if I could do the 210 with prisoner squats (using body weight). Yes you can, yes it hurts, and I'm feeling it today. I got done with those and was walking around the house all stiff feeling like the govenator 20 years ago thinking "Where here to Pump you up" (in my best Austrian accent of course).

I have a somewhat hard scenario going tonight. At least kind of hard for me.... My mom is turning 56 and my dad is throwing a bash for her. He said he will supply the "pizza" and soda/beer. I purposely packed light today for breakfast and lunch (sub 1000 cal). I have told myself I can have 2 pieces of pizza but only 2 and I will drink water or un-sweetened tea. Part of me thought of taking something else to eat but I really don't want to be that guy. The guy people say is picky and pain in their A$$. Its just rooted so deep in my person (since when I was a kid) to accept graciously what a person goes out of their way to offer. Does it mean I have to gorge on it? No. So what do you all think if your put in the same situation. I know some would say screw it who cares what those people think. Well they are my immediate family so I do care. Its not even that I want to eat the pizza that bad its just the fact that I want to be a gracious and a thankful individual. I guess I could eat 1 piece and just say I ate more.

I hated seeing the controversy on Kev's blog when I got back. Everyone likes comments as I know I do. It just shows that people are reading and that a persons effort is not wasted. If I didn't want a comment or to be involved I would write a journal in a paper book. When I don't get a comment for the first half of the day I start thinking ohhh great nobody is reading this or someone is mad at me. I think its just human nature. Allot of meaning or the translation of the written word is often miscommunicated or misinterpreted. So I say keep that in mind as I have tried to tell myself that a million times. The core group or founding fathers who I like to call the Fatastic 4 are the glue that kind of holds us all together (at least in my eyes). I hope to obtain the successful senior status in the coalition some day. So I would like to give a shout out to Rob, Beck, Kevin, Billy, Kristen, Rebecca, and Marcol for being what I would consider successful seniors and consistent contributers. I also got to give props to some of the newer members who have really taken Fat by storm and impacted me in positive ways by stepping up and showing how its done (Brian, David, Melissa, and Swanky). I know there are many others that I may have missed so props to you too and thanks. Only thoughts of Much Love and continued success coming out of the Ripx corner, you all rock and I soooo appreciate the fact that you all accepted me with no questions asked.

Anyway my entry today has reached novel porportions so I will quit typing. Seems like the majority of the coalition came out of the weekend well.

10 comments:

billy said...

Man, you got nothing on my eating fest this weekend, wooh!

The 2-slices rule is what I go by with pizza. In place of a normal meal, 2 slices of pizza is acceptable. You just gotta stick to your guns- 3 slices is not acceptable!

Rob Tucker said...

Remember, the average piece of pizza is about 300-500 calories, so if you limit it and are responsible about it, then you'll be ok. I can't do pizza because I know my weakness and inability to limit myself to two. So, I avoid. But if you can do 1 or 2, enjoy it and don't look back.

About the drama, I think it goes back to what you said in your first paragraph - when you were on the verge of cheating, you thought about the Coalition. I'm proud that you thought of me, because there were about 5 times this weekend that I referred to my "Weekend Warrior" partners this weekend to people in my "real" life.

The reason why comments are so important (now, this is my own personal opinion) is because of this. The Coalition was formed to support each other. When it was just Kevin, Beck and me, we made a point to comment to each other all the time, that way we were holding each other accountable. It's what worked.

When you get to 20 people or so, it's much harder to comment all of the time, but it's still important (again, my personal opinion). I think that's why the drama occured - we see things different.

I've said it before, and I stand by this. I am willing to do what I have to do to make sure everyone who really wants to succeed, does it. When I comment, it's not me filling an 'obligation', but me saying "I'm here for you, and cheering you on", just like so many people have done for me.

Sounds like we did about a 7 or 8 out of 10 as a Weekend Warrior group. Let's look to make that a 9 next weekend! Keep the streak alive.

Melissa said...

Aww I can feel the love in your blog today :) I think 2 peices is a good rule. If their is salad maybe you can fill up on salad to help you out to.

Marcol said...

Good for you on staying "alert" and "vigilant" this weekend.

As for the pizza, youre probably not going to read this before the event but I agree with other, portion control and if you feel like you will overdo on the pizza, try to have something else before you go that can fill you up that wont hurt your calorie intake or as Melissa suggested you can never over-do on salad as long as you dont over-do on the dressing.

Thanks for your shout out. I appreciate you applauding my success and I commend yours as well.

As for the comments, I think what has been said on Kev's blog by others is how I feel. A support group isnt a support group without every participant doing just that for one another (ie. supporting). We cannot expect something without giving it at least a little. Enough said.

Gage, Im proud of your NEW low on the challenge, I did take notice :)

Ripx180 said...

I got your message before I left Marcol... techie me has a thunderbird account here at work that delivers me my FAT comments as they come in. So if I am at work (PST) I'm hardwired to FAT. ;)

I will say it right now I WILL NOT EAT MORE THAN 2 PIECES. I dont even fill like theres a snow balls chance in hell so it wont happen.

Thanks for noticing the new low. I was happy to see that 223 number on the scale even though its only a half a pound. I am ramping up for some serious A$$ kicking so hopefully it will pay off. stay tuned.

Rebecca said...

Awe Rip, thanks for the shout out! I'm honored to be considered a successful senior.

You get props yourself on your good weekend - I definitely agree that you were successful. Although, I personally loathe cool ranch doritos. Yuck! But to each his own. :)

Love the picture of your son.

Kristen said...

Ripx, I know I've said this before, but I'm glad you're around. FYI...you were "accepted" so quickly because you jumped right in and involved yourself. You rock :)

Jim McCoy said...

Hi, I'm the new guy in the FAT Coaltion. Nice to meet you. I think Melissa brings up an interesting point. I eat a salad everyday with lunch. Why? Because I used to stop and get a supersized value meal everyday. I get REALLY hungry around lunch time. So I eat a HUGE pile of lettuce (iceberg has no calories) with a little bit of dressing, and I feel full for like ten minutes, but that ten minutes is enough to get me to stop eating. Keep in mind that if someone makes or buys the salad, you are also being gracious by eating what is provided, and if you don't kill the thing with dressing you can fill up a lot for only a couple of calories.

swankywanker said...

Mr. Rip, you are a real team player. And a gentleman to boot. I am really glad to have you in my corner, and I only hope I am capable of returning the favor. If the position of Ripx Fan Club President is available, I'd like to apply.

Jay said...

I took a couple of wounds this weekend, but came out relatively unscathed. Let's shoot for a clean 7 day week this week, it's the last week of the challenge and we can still make a difference!