Well we had a wonderful time down at the beach. We couldn't

have asked for better weather on the Oregon Coast (low 80s and sunny). We stayed really active with walks and time playing in the sand etc. My eating was not where I wanted it to be though. My inner FAT or old Ripx stepped in a few times during the weekend. There were several times where I caught myself saying in my head "I will face the consequences after the weekend" or the "A little bit wont hurt me". On the list of crap I ate this weekend here are a few; Chinese

food the first night (sweet n sour chicken, fried shrimp and rice), ice cream, salt water taffy, chips, cookies, and a few beers 2 out of the three nights there. I am sure there was a few other things along the way. My main meals were healthy and what we planned for. I know that this blog is supposed to be about me loosing weight and making changes. With that said I feel like I need to post my failures, be accountable, and take responsibility for my bad choices too. I know I could have sugar coated my weekend blog saying how great I was etc but thats not how I roll. I am back from vacation and back to learning to live. Old habits and fat die hard.... If I

could only beat myself, I would win the battle and the war so much faster. This is my life happening folks and its all real.
My brother n law is the guy in the picture catching some serious air off a dune :). He has been blessed with a tape worm and wonderful skinny genetics. I did some dune jumping too (just didn't like my pic as much). That is me walking way off in the distance on the coast. I did allot of soul searching/thinking while meandering along.

Allot of my thoughts were based on wanting to be in the same place next year minus my shirt, 40 less pounds, towing allot less mental fat baggage, and questioning myself why I ate like I did earlier in the weekend. My minds mostly in the right place so I suppose thats good but I'm still struggling. As always I know what needs to be done, its just doing it that keeps getting in the way.
Hope everyone else had a great weekend. Looks like some had amazing first week weigh ins for the September challenge.
9 comments:
Food binges, even the small ones, can bring regret. It's what you do with that regret - what lessons you learn from it, that help you in the future.
Take the weekend and enjoy it for what it was, looks like you had a great time.
And when you're done enjoying it, hop back on the machines and start working hard. Weekends happen, just don't allow weekends to turn into weeks, and then months of regret.
This blog is absolutely the place to be accountable. Nobody wants to hear any sugar-coated versions of what happened.
I've been where you're at. Sometimes you need to clear away some of the mental cobwebs and other issues that are in the way of really getting started. It's like cleaning off your desk before you get started working.
Sounds like your desk is getting clean, and you're ready for the work ahead ;)
Man, good work coming clean. It sounds as though your family is really reaping the rewards of your life-change. You are able to catch some air, play on the beach, all that. Your kid will value the time and energy you put into playing with him. Lucky kid.
Great blog rip. I think this is great use of your blog. It helps you get all those feelings and thoughts down, so you can move forward. Todays a new day, and time to refocus. Going on vacation is a hard place to turn down some of those things. Just think how you might of binged a year ago compared to this weekend and you will see that you have made some great changes. Keep your head up!
Keep on keepin' it real Rip - stay strong youll get to your goal if you keep at it with all the ups and downs.
I think we've each been where you feel you were this weekend at some point and time in this journey. If we all are honest we'd say we've had a lot of days where we've regreted something we've eaten or exercise we didnt do. The key is to progressively make progress.
Im a witness that eventually the after thought of regret becomes the fore thought that prevents the need for later regret. Ive grown in this with my eating but am a work in progress with this in other areas. Its all a part of life -
Rip you WILL look up this time next year and be 40 lbs or however much you want smaller...YOU WILL!!!
Allowing yourself to be accountable is really good progress. The hard part is the battle with yourself, and it is a process. But as long as you don't quit, which you don't even seem to be tempted to do, eventually, you'll win!
Just take it a day at a time. You can't change what you did over the weekend, but you can keep making good decisions from here on out. :)
Glad you had a good weekend. Sounded like fun!!
you're back, I'm back, let's get this done rip. Focus on today, not yesterday, and do what you know you should be doing.
How ya doing? I miss reading your blogs!
Post a Comment