Thursday, September 20, 2007

Help Me Tom Cruise!

This week has been an interesting week to say the least. My wife has been up north in Seattle area training for work. So I have had all the duties that she normally does for our son plus work and everything else. I feel like i have been living in my car. It took me from 4:30 until almost 6:30 to commute, get my son from daycare, and get back home. Of course by then he is starving so I have to find something for him and that pushes my dinner out until like 7:00 or 8:00. So far my eating has been good and solid as it normally is during the week. The part that has been lacking is the workouts. I have only got in 1 good workout since Monday this week. Tonight my son and I are driving up to stay with the wife. I am hoping that the hotel she is in has a workout room. If it doesnt I will be doing the 210 and some burpees or something. We are staying on Hood Canal this weekend in a rented house with a couple sets of friends. I have my meals all planned out to be healthy. I know there will be some drinking so I am going to stick with light beer or mixed drinks with diet soda. My other plan to help stop any weight gane is to eat less during the days that I know I will be drinking (kind of the Billy approach to drinking - no eating shortly before or after drinking). My weight has been hovering right around its normal (224-225). Anyway send me some FAT vibes this weekend as I will need them. I think we have wifi so hopefully I can be on-line some and possibly post some pics and write some comments etc. Gotta keep stringing good days together and get on a winning streak as Rob would say.

10 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Good call - make a plan and stick with it. As for the streak - you can't win the championship without getting into a few winning streaks.

Each streak starts with one good day. Get that, and then worry about the second one.

Marcol said...

Hey Rip!

Since your weight keeps hovering in the same 1 lb range you may want to consider tweaking your calorie intake. Youre obviously eating at a maintenance level verses weight loss. I know youre not so into counting calories and measuring and weighing food but you may also want to consider doing so to get an accurate picture of your food consumption. I want to see you move forward in this lifestyle these two suggestions can help you as you learn to live the life.

Take care this weekend. Everytime you go to eat think about what you want to look like next summer and if your current choices will get you there.

I remember as a kid watching this one cheese commerical. The jingle went something like this "...you are what you eat from your head down to your feet ..."

Remember that, whatever you eat youre tranforming your body into just that. If its healthy then youre turning you into a healthy body. If its fatty or full of carbs - youre turning you into a fat, doughy man. Gage, the choice is yours, YOU decide.

Ripx180 said...

Marcol, you are right I do need to get back to measuring and counting calories for a while to set a base line. Like I have said in prior posts I eat great during the week then on weekends I slip. So I loose weight Monday - Friday and the gain on the weekends. I know its all about my dedication, persistence, and over coming my bad habits. It all starts and ends with me. I know what needs to be done as i am well versed/educated in diet and exercise theory. I have been battling my weight for a long time now. Its just actually having the will power and consistency that i need to succeed. I think that's why you see so many over weight personal trainers walking around. Its so much harder to walk the walk. Thanks for still supporting me even though my last few months have been less than stellar. its a process and I promise I am putting allot of effort into this. I just screw it up with a few bad decisions on the weekends sometime. I know I need to turn over a new leaf.

Thanks for calling me out (even with my real name). It made it sink in just that much more. No way am I throwing in the white towel. I can do better and I will succeed.

Brian said...

Hey RipX,
I can imagine how difficult it must be to keep the schedule of working out and whatnot having a child. Props to you for even maintaining!

That said I woonder if you could adjust some things to help burn some calories? One thing I've started doing is getting up my my desk once every hour or two and going on a ten minute walk around my building. No need to change clothes or anything like that, just wear comfy shoes. I'm also monitoring my steps with a pedometer every day, and making sure the numbers increases with each day.
I think looking at things less as a "workout" or doing some activities in little manageable chunks makes things a lot easier when you have a super busy schedule.

Just an idea.

swankywanker said...

You'll do great this weekend, since you're planning to do great this weekend. And yeah, you do have some pics to post, right? Don't leave me hanging.

Ripx180 said...

no pics yet.... got to hit 220 before I reward myself by embarrassing myself again. :)

Marcol said...

I definitely can tell that you are well versed in weight loss theory. I also believe that deep on the inside you want to translate that theory into practice. Beyond that I also believe you WILL!

Here's to a great weekend!

Jay said...

Ripx, I'm going for a clean weekend with one planned cheat meal. Why don't you join me?

Rob Tucker said...

Weekend warrior time. Let's be proud of ourselves come Monday.

Ripx180 said...

im planning for a clean weekend. May have some drinks though but will do my best to move calories to account for them. Did 210 workout in the hotel room last night so starting off on the right foot.