Just wanted to drop a quick line to say I am alive and kicking. I am still kind of having a hard time getting in the right state of mind diet and exercise wise. As I was laying on the couch today finishing watching the Seahawks whomp on Arizona my wife looked over at me and said "why don't you go do some HIIT or get on that treadmill". Kind of a slap in the face but also kind of what I think I needed. So I did 30 mins of jogging on the treadmill. It felt good and I am glad she said something. We got our xmas tree and put up lights this weekend on the outside of the house. My son is at the perfect age this year and is so excited about the Christmas season and the lights on "his" house. I do love this time of year. Hope you are all doing well.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Still Kicking
Just wanted to drop a quick line to say I am alive and kicking. I am still kind of having a hard time getting in the right state of mind diet and exercise wise. As I was laying on the couch today finishing watching the Seahawks whomp on Arizona my wife looked over at me and said "why don't you go do some HIIT or get on that treadmill". Kind of a slap in the face but also kind of what I think I needed. So I did 30 mins of jogging on the treadmill. It felt good and I am glad she said something. We got our xmas tree and put up lights this weekend on the outside of the house. My son is at the perfect age this year and is so excited about the Christmas season and the lights on "his" house. I do love this time of year. Hope you are all doing well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Good to see a post from you, Ive been wondering how you were doing.
Sometimes all it takes is that one feeling of how good it is to workout to jump start us again ;)
Glad to hear youre still kicking. Ryan is so cute :)
Is that a current picture? You look good!
Thanks Marcol, I think he is pretty cute too (guess I am biased though).
Billy, Picture was from this last Saturday. I thought It made me look better than I am too :). I haven't gained any weight really (sitting in the low 220s, just am not loosing). I need to get back to real - loosing that is.
It's all on you, Rip. If you want to lose the weight, none of us can do it for you. Getting on the treadmill was a good plan, but you've got to be the one to keep yourself consistent
This is that time of year that makes it tough on everyone. Even if you can't go balls out, make sure you keep consistent and don't let yourself fall into old traps.
Hope things are going well - and I'll concur - good looking family there!
It was good to see a post from you this morning. Glad you got on that treadmill. I know when I have stopped exercising it's tough to get that motivation back. Just gotta get in the groove again.
It was good to see your post this morning. I think we can all relate to the pause in activity and how difficult it is to resume regular exercising. Glad you got on that treadmill and got that good feeling that comes from movement.
Its funny, but when someone "suggests" me to do something, I usually strive to so the opposite. In the case of health, it is good that you recognized that your wife was trying to help by suggesting for you to exercise.
It looks like you have a great family.
Welcome back, Rip. (Like I can talk!) Good for you to get on the tread and work out instead of staying on the couch. That's a tough move most of the time, so good for you!
remember- its understandable but its not acceptable! just do it and its great that your wife is being so supportive. it really helps to have someone kick your ass in this mellow holiday month when you really need it!
echo what Rob said. Do something to keep yourself in it, even if it's not the 100% you were hoping for.
Hey Rip,
I was just looking at your very first posts for the firs time in a while. You've actually done pretty damn well in that time. I know you're not breaking any records, but you're doing a solid job. I hope you still realize this and keep at it. I really would love to be able to see you meet some of your goals and be happy. I think you deserve it!
Rip...let us know how your doing.
Post a Comment