fore front of my mind. The furnace is still burning hot and I want to go where Ripx has never gone before. I really feel like there isn't much that can stand in my way at this point. I feel like a health Juggernaut.An observation — I really hate seeing the lull in the FAT blogs these days. It really saddens me and I hope this isn't the signs of this group circling the drain. I know some have reached there goals and that means less interaction once you hit maintenance stage. There are still many who have not reached their promise lands that are starting to drift off into the fat vortex. I say it is time for our founders "The Fatastic Four" to reenlist and once again show us how its done. I suppose Billy deserves a hall pass on this calling cause he has reached his goals and is continuing to show us how to maintain the weight he has lost. At this point I call on Rob, Kevin, and Beck to come back with a vengeance and show us all how old school FAT coalitioners get it done. I got to thank all the huge success stories for getting it done (Billy, Brian, Kristen, Jimbo and others). Thanks to the newer peeps for keeping things rolling (Jason, Geoff, Will, and Justin). I miss reading stuff from Melissa (hope you come off hiatus soon), Swanks, Rebecca, Jay, Gene, and Dave. I know I have been kind of absent myself for a while but lets all get back to what we set out to do. Being healthy and fit is so important and this group goes along way in supporting just that.
This last weekend was a huge test of my resolve. I did things that I have never done since being part of the fat coalition. Let me guess, you are all thinking that I blew my diet and didn't work out this weekend. I know you have every right to think that cause in the past that is what I have done. This last weekend was a "mans weekend" and I was a man with a plan. My friend and I were slated to head north to Seattle for golf, UFC night, poker etc. No kids, no wives, just a bunch of guys having fun, taking a break from everyday life for a couple days. Before this it was a pass for me to eat the world, drink gallons of beer, and just plain and simply be a sloth. But no, I had a plan. My meals were all packed in my little cooler. I got my workout in Friday morning before I left and ran 3 miles last night when I got home. My friends tried to break me at every meal or snack. They were all chowing down on pizza, lasagna, chips, cookies and tons of beer. There I sat with my 4 ozs of chicken and salad passing up the stuff they kept trying to offer me. Luckily Saturday night was my cheat meal so I was able to par take in some ribs and some beer etc. But like everything else that weekend my cheat meal was planned. It felt good to say no and be in control of what is important to me even if it meant standing out like a sore thumb. I jumped on the scale this morning
and was happy to see no weight gained and I can just taste a new low as it gets closer.
and was happy to see no weight gained and I can just taste a new low as it gets closer.My wonderful wife is really staying the course this time too which helps me eminsly. Evan's color seems to really be looking better. Looks like we might actually get some sun this coming weekend. My oldest son Ryan turns three this week which is a total trip to me.
6 comments:
Wow...we had totally opposite weekends. Great job man, I wish I had your weekend, sounds like you had a blast. You are really committed right now, don't lose it man it's awesome to see! I don't know if I could have ever done what you did with your buddies eating all that good stuff. Well done Rip, keep letting us know your success stories!
Hey RipX ... it's David from Canada (Pathetic to Athletic).
I left discreetly the FAT Coalition last October because Hunting season was crazy and i couldnt maintain my blog to my liking. I also quit doing the good things and jumped up from 206 to 226 lbs (The christmas holiday was bad) !
In February 2008, i started fresh and dropped back to 204 (where i'm at right now) ... wanting to go down to 185 (High School weight). Didnt change anything in my recipe from last year, still biking and running hardcore !
Just wanted to say, i still read most of FAT blogs and i follow your progress. Wishing you the best of successes and will keep you updated of my status.
CYA man !
Awesome work. I wish I could get my weekends dialed in that tightly. It's not like I'm bad, but I'm not as measured as normal. Hope to see a new low soon!
Hey Ripx, I'm still here in spirit really. I read everyone's blogs daily, and every once in a while I throw out a comment. I wish I could find the energy to be more involved. It's just harder in maintenance mode...not as much to say I guess. I'll probably write more blogs when I start setting/reaching more goals.
Anyways...you seem to be doing quite well. It's gotta be a lot easier with your wife on board.
David from Canada, great to see you. I always wondered what happened to you. Good to see you were able to get it back together after the bad holiday season.
p.s. way cute kids. great job :)
Nice work Rip, sounds like you're doing great. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you head on over to my blog... ;)
it's been a week Rip...what's going on in your world?
Post a Comment