Monday, July 28, 2008

It's a Wrap

The big family camp out weekend is a wrap. Its amazing how fast these annual events come and go. To think next year my almost 4 month old will be walking and getting in to everything at 2 foot level or below. I am sure the few people who read my blog are wondering how I did this weekend. Well folks my diet did slip a little more than I had planned and packed for. When you share a campsite with your sister and your parents who eat the way you did when you got fat its really hard to resist temptation. Goes very far in proving why you shouldn't keep crap food readily available in your home or surroundings. I also partook in more alcohol then I have had in the last 60 days or so (The big family camp out is known for that). I did get in two good workouts which I felt good about, pretty much stuck to my plan there. Wed and thurs diet was fine but Friday and Saturday's fell flat. I was pretty down on myself yesterday, I have been so good about sticking to my plan for the last 2.5 months. I really felt like I had the "Eye of the tiger" going on. I guess it only takes one weekend to botch that though. Like they say there is no reason to cry over spilled milk so now and tomorrow is what I am focusing on. Yesterday when we got home I had myself on the treadmill for 40 mins running like a fool trying to make up for damage done. Diet was good yesterday, probably a little low calorie wise. My nephew had his 6th b-day last night and both my wife and I skipped the cake and ice cream. I feel like even though I checked out for a few days I am back, back to business on hand. Time to get back to new lows and I have a mid September deadline to make too. Anyway sorry for rambling, lots of stuff floating around in my head this morning.

note: 214 on the scale this am..... :(

6 comments:

David said...

Dude,

Rapidly gained weight can be rapidly lost back if you act fast. I was kind of hoping to see a weigh-in figure from you this morning though !

It's good to know you are focused back again now !

My bike ride was so hard on Sunday. A huge wakeup call. Unless i want to finish last on my Sept. 20th. race, i most definitely have to lose 10 lbs.

Keep us posted !

Anonymous said...

I think it's damn near impossible to go 100% all the time. As it is, I'm blown away that you've dominated the past two and a half months!

So, don't sweat the weekend, but rather enjoy the time with the family and the good eats.

It's over now, so get back to work!

billy said...

It's true. The mark of a successful diet plan isn't necessarily one that doesn't screw up, it's one that screws up occasionally, but then gets right back on the horse and makes up for it, which it sounds like you're doing.

Keep it up!

Jason said...

Pretty much everyone has said what needed to be, including you. I think what is so major, and so crazy is the fact that before we all started this, what you did this weekend would be considered normal (except for maybe alcohol).

Identifiying what you did as wrong is SO crucial, and the fact that you are going to change it is even more so. Keep that fire going Rip, it's all about cycles and you're in a good one and I don't see you falling out of it!

lj said...

Like everyone else said it's awesome and inspiring that you came back from vacation and just got down to business. no lag time. most people i know would just act like they are still on vacation for a few more days or weeks... great job!

David said...

Thank for the comment RipX,

So, how are the weekend's exagerations coming off ? I hope you're doing well !