Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quick Blurp

Not a whole lot going on in Ripx world different from the norm. Been hitting my diet and workouts as planned. My weight is holding steady at 211 - 212 depending on the day. My runs are getting easier as my weight creeps down and cardio capacity seems to be up. Still not easy by any means but I find myself smiling while running from time to time or my mind sometimes wonders miraculously eating up time. When I started back at this journey a little of 2 months ago I could only do about 10 push ups. I went to max the other night and cranked out 35 which is pretty good for me. I feel like my legs are much more powerful too. Just for shits and giggles while at the park with my son I hung off the monkey bars to see if I could do a pull up. To my amazement I was able to crank out 1. Felt pretty good knowing I could pull my own big fat a$$ up at least once. I really do believe that I am changing both physically and mentally. Its a long road but it just feels good.

This week we have been making preparations for our long camping weekend. We are leaving this afternoon and not coming back until Sunday so I will be MIA for a while. Don't worry folks I have a meal plan and a few "outdoor" workouts in mind for my time away. Maybe some trail running HIIT style, rock lifting (dam building) to make a deeper swimming hole etc. Plus there is always the 211 pound body I carry around that I could do lunges, squats, push up, etc with. So I have a plan and now I must execute it. With that said have a good rest of your week FATers, I will see you all in blog land on the flip side.

2 comments:

Jason said...

wow man, you are doing such an awesome job lately! I'd say the best word to describe what you are doing is consistent. I have my good and my bad days, you just seem to make everyday a great day. Awesome work, I can't believe you have all those plans all set out for your camping trip...anyone that wants to know how to lose some serious poundage should read your blog man, amazing work. I need to get my drive back like yours is running.

Have an awesome trip, I'll try to remember your gone that way I don't harrass you! haha, have a good one man.

David said...

Dude,

I still can't believe how similar we are. We have almost the same weight and the same situation. I'm exactly at 35 pushups and 1 pullup too !

I had a camping weekend coming up too, except we scrapped all plans with downpours expected all weekend.

Anyway, it's great to have regular news from you. Looking forward to catching up on your blog after the weekend ! Enjoy the time with your family !

Props on feeling better and stronger. CYA