Monday, August 11, 2008

I Will Take It.

Today's Weigh in: 210 (new low)

Not sure why I got the new low today. I really did not expect it at all, nor do I really feel like I deserve one (but I will take it). My weekend eating was healthy 90% of the time cause we meal planned for it. However I did partake in some brews on both Friday and Saturday while out on the guys weekend. The other thing that was off was how often I was eating. We probably only ate 3 meals a day with a occasional snack in between. Usually I eat 5-6 times a day with smaller portions. I guess I was getting allot more sleep too. We did stay busy trying not to get bit by mosquitoes (they were horrible). I caught some real nice 10-12inch brook trout which I ate for breakfast yesterday. We rode motorcycles around, played horse shoes, played Texas holdem, and sat around the fire etc. Just plain and simply had a good time. I got in a good workout on Thurs before I left but haven't worked out since. So tonight I need to get back in that groove.

My wife made it back from Wisconsin and her brothers wedding in one piece. I had to pick her and the boys up at 11:20pm at the airport. It was really great to see her and my two sons. You really don't know how much you miss your family until they are gone for a few days. Not getting home until after midnight and getting up at 5am has worked me over pretty hard though, I am really tired today. Glad to see that things are going well for some in FAT. I can sense a few others are struggling and making excuses. I am sure those of you that are know deep in your hearts. Only thing we/you can do is get back too it.

Ripx Out...

5 comments:

David said...

Dude,

Glad you had a good weekend. Props for being disciplined foodwise. Can you give me a glance at what you do cardio-wise in your workouts ? I don't want to critique anything, i'm just curious !

Congrats on the new low, with patience and perseverance and it will come off.

Jason said...

Congratulations on the new low Rip! I have found most of the times I get new lows recently I feel like I haven't earned them as well. I think it might be because I keep thinking about the mentality I had when I first realized I was a huge fat ass and needed to do something about it. I am going to blog a little more about this today, but yea you're doing an awesome job Rip!

Did you win any money in hold 'em? It sounds like you had a good time!

I agree that it seemed as though FAT was going to get it going in late June and early July, but then it seems like a lot of people just fell off the wagon...anyways, this is getting long so have a good one, and keep up the great work man!

David said...

hehe,

Now that you have read my blog today, maybe you discern why i asked for some details about your cardio workouts !

I like cardio so much, i wanted to compare what i do with what you did. Totally selfish i know ! It's also very easy mentally for me to do so much because i enjoy it alot. So no comparaison is possible.

I just have this comment, if you have been running 5k 3 times a week for i don't know how long, maybe you could start to increase your speed and distance. Maybe you could change it to : 1 speedwork (interval) run, 1 Long-slow distance run and 1 habitual 5k run.

Personnally i'd really like to be a skinny cardio machine like you describe, but with my footballer's build, i'll never be, so i'll settle for the regular guy looks with killer legs muscles ! ahah

CYA dude and keep the fire burning white hot !

lj said...

wow another new low!!!! great job Rip! Thanks also for checking in on me yesterday. I needed a little push. :)

Will Phillips said...

Funny how that works wit the weight randomly going down when we least expect it, eh?

Glad to hear the camping weekend went well and you're back with the fam.

Now keep it up!