Well my stinking weight has hit another week plus plateau. It gets so frustrating when all you expect is a pound or 2 a week and you get none. The last two days I have been sitting at my lowest of 211 but cant for the life of me get my body to go below that. Workouts have been really good and I have been pushing harder and longer intensity and time wise. Diet has been good however I am still having a hard time restricting carbs as much as I would like. Not that I am eating a bunch of bad carbs, most have been either whole wheat (ww) breads, ww pastas, or brown rice. I did have a unplanned bagel the other day that I felt bad about. I have felt somewhat sapped energy wise and I thought a carb boost would liven me up. Well that's just stupid talk if you ask me, no more bagels.
My wife and kidos are going to Wisconsin for her brothers wedding (we live in WA state). She will be gone wed morning through Sunday so i am bach-n it. I am also doing my "mans weekend" I referred to a few blogs back. Luckily I talked to one of the guys who is going with and he is down with eating healthy so we sat down and made a meal plan last night. I might miss one workout but the food intake should be solid. I am sure we will be doing allot of hiking, fishing, etc just moving around.
I wish I had some more exciting news to report on (like a new low) but my body isn't cooperating. I really hope I can still hit my mid sept deadline.
Hope everyone else is doing wonderful.
4 comments:
Dude, I know how the plateaus go - I hit one for about three or four weeks straight that nearly sunk me about two months ago.
But, stay strong, keep with the game plan, and you body will start dropping those pounds again.
...and oh, you have a flippin HD big screen? I hate you.
Just keep pushing bud. You've been doing great motivation wise and that's the key ingredient. If you keep at it the weight will come off, you know that. The inevitable lulls will happen, it's how you get through them that determines whether you succeed or fail!
I'm not looking forward to any plateaus but we know they happen. Enjoy your upcoming "men's weekend" and keep working hard. This is just a minor test; You can do it.
oh man, do I know about plateaus! I have hit a couple of doozey's myself...they are horrible for your morale. What I am about to say is going to sound super ass backwards but maybe if you have a couple days with a lax attitude and maybe a little more calories then go right back into it you might be able to bust on through. I have found this method to help me sometimes...just if you do do it, don't get to liking it to much!
Sorry, but I play on 360, and to be honest I don't play all that often...however, I am awesome at it just don't have the time with everything going on.
Have fun on your man's weekend, sounds as though it's going to be a blast, and best of luck busting through that plateau!
Post a Comment