I know I don't have a ton of clout around here besides the fact that this is my blog. I have had allot of failures and allot of success in the time I have spent in this blog sphere. With all that said I am going to take another route that many others are backing away from. I am going to go out on a limb and say I am going to finish 2008 strong. I am going to kick ass in both the diet and exercise dept. I have every intention on hitting sub 200 before 2009 opens the door. I am not going to say I "might" do better. Today is the day I say I "will" do better. The day I will start another drive to hit my goal of 180 or so pounds. I am not waiting to make another lame new years resolution.... Who's in for a kick ass December?
Monday, December 1, 2008
So It Begins
Well the Thanksgiving holiday is finally over.... It was a extra long weekend (wed - sun) at the
Oregon Coast with family. For me it was pretty much dietary suicide this year. I ate and drank a ton of shit that I shouldn't have. I skipped all my planned workouts (did get in a couple unexpected workouts). So, did I think about my decisions or feel bad about them. On all accounts yes.... I pretty much felt like a bloated whale thurs-sunday. The workouts I got in were brutal because I was running on total garbage food and alcohol. Those workouts reminded me every time why I need to put good fuel in my tank. I had for the most part forgotten what heart burn felt like until this weekend. It was a good time with family and friends and helped me remember why I am thankful for the weight I have lost so far. I weighed in at 210 this morning.... most likely 4-5 of those pounds will hopefully fall off fast. As I am sure I didn't gain 5-6 pounds in 5 days.
I know I don't have a ton of clout around here besides the fact that this is my blog. I have had allot of failures and allot of success in the time I have spent in this blog sphere. With all that said I am going to take another route that many others are backing away from. I am going to go out on a limb and say I am going to finish 2008 strong. I am going to kick ass in both the diet and exercise dept. I have every intention on hitting sub 200 before 2009 opens the door. I am not going to say I "might" do better. Today is the day I say I "will" do better. The day I will start another drive to hit my goal of 180 or so pounds. I am not waiting to make another lame new years resolution.... Who's in for a kick ass December?
I know I don't have a ton of clout around here besides the fact that this is my blog. I have had allot of failures and allot of success in the time I have spent in this blog sphere. With all that said I am going to take another route that many others are backing away from. I am going to go out on a limb and say I am going to finish 2008 strong. I am going to kick ass in both the diet and exercise dept. I have every intention on hitting sub 200 before 2009 opens the door. I am not going to say I "might" do better. Today is the day I say I "will" do better. The day I will start another drive to hit my goal of 180 or so pounds. I am not waiting to make another lame new years resolution.... Who's in for a kick ass December?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Rip I give you a lot of credit around here. Sure, you're taking the slow train to one-der-land, but you know what? You're still here my man. That's more than I can say for a lot of people, people who you might think are more "successful" than you at weight loss. Let me tell you something. Slow and steady wins the race. The fact that your head is still in it, that you haven't given up, that you're still thinking about it and trying to do better, that is more valuable in the long run.
You can do this. And when you do, you'll be able to keep it off I think.
Thanksgiving is pretty much a wasteland for everyone, but now we're all on the other side of it.
I'm right there with ya, man. Let's knock out the last 30 days or so of the year!
Rip, that next 10 pounds (heck, I'll bet it's only five or six now) can come off easily by January 1 if you make the decision to focus on your wants every day from now to then.
I'm rooting for you!
The entire holiday season sucks if you ask me. It starts in October with the free candy and parties. It doesnt end until January 2nd. I was beating myself up over my not caring. I think its sort of a gauntlet that we must run. Its not easy. Its in my mind puts more stress on the already stressful time. Just keep on doing what you are doing.
agree with Billy. I've been off and on myself, but I know I'll eventually get there.
You have a lot of clout with me, you're keeping the FAT coalition alive for me!
I've always admired you Rip, you are probably the glue that holds together the coalition! I wish you the very best in your goals, and I hope you have a great holiday.
Thanks for the nudge man,
I'm back up at 210 lbs also. Therefore, i'm resetting the counter and starting anew in 2009.
Except that 2009 starts right now for me !
Post a Comment