Its hard to even know where to start in terms of blogging again. I guess I should start with coming clean about where I am fitness wise as that is what this blog has always been about. I am sitting here typing at 243 which is right at my heaviest. This seems to be where my body is happiest weight wise when you take exercise out of the equation and eat/drink whatever I want. I guess I should be happy that my body doesn't seem to want to go any higher than that. The other bad part about weighing 243 in this body is high bp and cholesterol come with it. So being this weight is not good for me mentally or physically and lets face it i'm not getting any younger which doesn't help either. Most importantly I am not looking to blog a pity party because besides being plump my life is really good. I have a wonderful wife, 2 awesome boys, a good secure job/income, wonderful friends and family, nice home and toys, and am relatively healthy at this point (nothing stopping me physically).
Its hard for me to want to jump back in because I have been down this path 3 times before. You can see 2 of my trips from the 240s to the 190s in the archives on the side bar. I have made mention of this before as it seems to be the evil circle I am stuck in. I know that with my genetics and history I have to pretty much workout most days and continually watch what I eat. Its just the way it has to be for me to succeed and remain healthy and at a healthy weight. One thing that has always bugged me is I have never met my ultimate goal since starting this blog back in 2007. My blogger name of Ripx180 was created for the strict purpose of me wanting to get into the 180s weight wise. My past two attempts made the low 190s but never did I become Ripx180. Another part of me doesn't want to bore readers with another failed attempt, thinking you are all thinking "do I have to read this again.....". But I know this is more about what I need and that this blog is a place for me to vent/unload whats going on in my struggle with fat. Hopefully along the way I will motivate or inspire those reading, and possibly make some online friends.
With that being said I am going to commit to blogging at least once a week. I would love to get back to having a strong community of online health conscious bloggers helping one another stay motivated and focused. Give me a comment or a heads up if you want another reader on your blog.
Also wanted to send a shout out to David at http://there-is-no-finish-line.blogspot.com/ for kicking fats ass and for helping keep me motivated through his success, drive, and consistency in doing what I want to do. Keep leading the way David!
6 comments:
Hey Rip,
Sorry to hear it's not going well, but good to see you back!
Can I make a suggestion? My gym is doing something called the "whole life challenge", which is about taking control of your life for 8 weeks (eating, exercise, sleep, stretching, etc). A lof of our members are doing it, and it seems like a great way to get you going again.
https://www.wholelifechallenge.com/
if you sign up, join our team at Thames CrossFit...I know it's in London...but this would be the only way I can see your results and keep tabs on you :).
Anyway, Since I've had a kid, I've sorta levelled off between 220-230. Although I've already lost 80-90 lbs, my goal was always to get down to 200 and the closest I've gotten was 211.
If you have a similar goal, we could take up a pre-whole life challenge challenge...
I've taken my blog down because I was never posting and getting a lot of spam comments...but seeing your post show up in my feed reminds me that maybe I should start again :).
Jay
It is good to FINALLY see an update :) I plan on blogging more as I KNOW we will do it this time :)
Hey Jay! glad to see your still out there and doing well. I will check out the wholelifechallenge link you left. I would totally dig reading your blog again if you start it back up. Blogspot has gotten much better at identifying spam. I just have mine set to where I have to approve comments. Thanks for reading and commenting i appreciate it.
So let's do this. The only thing between where we are and where we want to be is excuses. God knows that's the case for me!
Your ultimate goal is 180, but what is your short-term goal? My short term goal is 180. That's 20 pounds. Wanna race?
Hey Beck, thanks for stopping by! ;) I have tried to outline a few of my short term weight loss goals on the right bar of my page. It pretty much puts me at 1.5 lbs a week which is pretty aggressive in my book but doable. If my goals are too aggressive than your more than welcome to try and keep up.
Just stopping by to let you know your not the only one that has gone up and down, then up again! I am starting over too... posted my first blog in 6 months yesterday... but I am determined this time to actually see me goal weight.
Post a Comment