Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Weeks Fly By

WI: 240.5

The weight is going in the right direction but thus far I know I have allot more I can commit to this journey.  I only hit 3 out of the 4 workouts last week that I wanted to.  My eating has definitely been better and more mindful but still lots of room to improve there too.   Celebrated a wonderful 13 years being married to my wife this last weekend.  Cant believe how fast it has gone by.

This week my dad, one of the best men I know finally gets to retire ( at 65yo ).  They are having a big retirement party for him tomorrow and I am smoking/BBQ'n about 30 pounds of pulled pork.  I am super happy for my dad as he deserves it so very much.  Then on Friday we are traveling up to Seattle to see some friends for the long holiday weekend.

The plan for the week is 4 workouts and I need to hit my first mini weight loss goal of sub 240 in the next 3 days.  At only a half a pound I think its doable.  Will be nice to get that first goal crossed off.  I know food is going to be kind of tuff this coming weekend. So the goal there is to minimize bad choices as much as possible and use portion control to keep bad as small as possible.

My wife and her friend have committed to each other to train for a 5k.  They are starting a couch to 5k program this coming month in early September.  Of course I told them I am in for husband support and that I will do the 5k with them, her friends husband also said he would do it too.  So looks like I am going to be strapping back on the running shoes and pounding the pavement.  Nothing like running to spur some weight loss.

Until next time....  

3 comments:

Dave said...

It is great you are going to run, I keep coming up with the excuse that I need to lose some weight before I run because it hurts to run...

David said...

Hey there Dude !

I just got back from France and totally missed your new bunch of posts. It's great that you decided to get the weightloss train going and that you are picking momentum. I'm wishing you a continued success and i'll follow very diligently your blog.

Thanks for the plug to my blog in your post two weeks back, it means a lot to me what you said there. I have a big update coming up soon.

All the best my friend

Anonymous said...

First, congrats to you and your wife! 13 years is a huge feat this day and age! :) Second, congrats to your dad. I'm glad he's finally able to enjoy retirement.

And third, it's awesome that you guys are supporting your wives like that! Couch to 5K is an awesome program and makes 5Ks (and 10Ks) so attainable. Best of luck to all of you!!