WI: 240.5
Well the number pretty much speaks for itself and shows the effort I put in this last week. I am feeling a little like the cat on the right in the pic. I missed my first short term goal which should have been my easiest. I thought about re-assigning dates to my goals but at this point what good does that do? I will mark that bitch off by next Wednesday come hell or high water. Late is better than just saying F it. I know for me to start the wheels rolling its all coming down to getting my diet on track. Its definitely been better at times but I am still letting to much crap sneak in. I am moving in the right direction but not fast enough in my opinion, so time to kick it up a notch. We did have a really great long weekend up north in Seattle with some good friends. However with that comes social drinking and eating which has always been my achilles heel. So too much garbage food and not enough moving caused this weeks missed goal. This coming weekend we are going to go camping with my parents. We have already meal planned and the food we are having is pretty solid. If I can get some good hikes in etc I should be doing pretty good. I did however get in my 4 workouts last week... but as we all know you cant out train a bad diet.
Another thing that has been in the for front of my mind is pictures... The main bad point is I don't want to be in them. Yet I love pictures, looking at them, and taking them. They are so powerful in remembering wonderful times in your life. The last time I struggled to get below 200 I actually didn't mind seeing pictures of myself. Recently a few pics of me have popped up and I hardly recognized myself and I am really ashamed at what I see. I look very unhealthy, un-kept, and bloated (not the first impression I want to give). Truthfully when I look in the mirror I don't see that person, yes I still see a fat guy but not that big of a guy. I am starting to keep a file with these types of pictures to help remind myself what I truly look like. It will be nice to be ok with being in pictures again.
This week is going to be a good one!

2 comments:
I'll be waiting to read you next Wednesday !
You are right about social calls and diet, the 2-3 times i really fumbled my diet in the past 9 months were all social calls with friends. I don't know if i could deal with having to do it every weekends !
Go man !
I totally get the picture thing! I'm the same way...I'll see myself in the mirror and think, "Man, I need to lose some weight." And then I see a picture of myself and think, "Holy shit! Who's THAT whale??" Ok, I might be exaggerating a tad, but you know what I mean.
I think keeping a file of pics is a great idea! It keeps you accountable.
Post a Comment