Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Dizzy...


Not a huge amount of stuff to blog about today but thought i would post a quick note. Had a good run last night on the treadmill. However I am still battleing the dizzies from time to time. I have actually got a doctors appt today to see the Doc. The advise nurse thought that I may need to have my meds adjusted (I am currently taking high BP medicine). She asked if I have been taking my BP and I have been. I keep a log of it and it has been normal. I have noticed that my resting heart rate has really dropped allot over the last month. Generally its in the 50s to low 60s these days. It used to be in the 70s most of the time. I figured since my dizzy spells have not cleared up in the last few weeks its time to get check out. My diet is still the thing that is holding me back and I know it. I know what to do and what to eat/not to eat. I just need to do it and put my foot down in group situations.

Note: Dr really doesn't know what it is. He said that the way I describe it its not related to the meds I am taking. He gave me some prescription Dramamine stuff (pretty much) thats supposed to heal the inner ear. If that doesn't work then I may have to go to a specialist. Sucks and kind of freaks me out, I am only 32 years old so I shouldn't be having anything to crazy going on. He didn't say anything about me not working out so I'm gonna keep on keeping on.

5 comments:

David said...

Get well soon man ... we need you at full tilt !

Not to compare or anything, but i sometime like to brag about my resting HR. It was at 48 this morning !!!

Rob Tucker said...

I don't know much about the whole BP thing - but if you're getting dizzy, that can't be good.

Take care of yourself and remember, the more you work towards your weight loss goals, the better it's going to be for your blood pressure in general. Hang in there, but keep it safe.

billy said...

Yeah, I'm not sure about why you're on BP meds, but maybe as you get in shape you won't need them anymore!

Marcol said...

I hope youre dizziness subsides sooner than later Rip. Keep us posted.

Jay said...

Yeah man, take care of yourself. You're doing well and keeping me in this thing!