Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Week 9

Starting Weight: 240
Todays Weigh in : 227
5 day Average : 229.1
Weight Lost this week: 1
Total Weight lost : 13

Its that time a of the week again for me to weigh in and post my progress. I managed to rally back down to my old low (last weds) of 227. That put me at 1 pound lost this week. If I would have skipped the bad food indulgence over the weekend I would have been much better off. I am starting to get frustrated with my progress or lack there of. I feel like I put in really hard work and am not seeing the results I would like on the scale. I was vocalizing that to my wife last night and this morning in a e-mail and she wrote me this.

"Babe...Don't lose your motivation...don't let that happen. All you need
to do is remember how terrible you have felt in the past at your
heaviest and how much better you felt when you were at your lightest.
ALSO...remember your son and the example you set for him. Yesterday he saw
a lady run by on the street at your moms house when I was dropping him
off and he said "lady running....daddy run too". He sees you and is
understanding what you do and taking those cues as lifelong lessons. Re-read some of your first posts on why you are doing this....don't let
this go. I want this for both of us...you are motivation for me as well. I've started doing a healthy meal plan for the weekend. By the way...how was your weigh-in this morning??"

Thought you all could maybe take something from her words too. Kind of rekindled my fire and reminded me that loosing weight is only part of the reason I am doing this. The stuff I am doing will positively impact everyone around me in some way or another. I am just so thankful that I have a wife who is paying attention to what I am doing and supports my goals. I have noticed some change in the pictures I take every two weeks. Nothing I am proud enough to post but my body is changing. I figure when I hit the 20lbs lost I will post another fatty with his shirt off pic.

Last night I got my bike set back up on my mag trainer and went to work. Man, what a different workout than my usual running or HIIT on the treadmill. I spent about 20 min on it and my legs where throbbing. I wasn't happy with just 20 mins on the bike so I went and jumped on the treadmill for another 20. It took a few minutes for my legs to warm up to run at my 5.5mph rate, cause they where stiff from the bike. I think my wife and I are planning a bike ride tonight given its not raining. Heres to me loosing more weight next week.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

It's amazing what a wife's encouragement will do. I've had similar words spoken to my from my wife, and it just gives you that unexplainable push.

Just wait til she calls you out with one of these:

"I thought you were going to go to the gym today - oh, you want a day off? Fine, go be fat".

Those things work too. LOL

Jay said...

sounds like you're still going strong. If you're putting in the work, the results will come.

Anonymous said...

Are you taking measurements as well? Not even two weeks ago, I was frustrated as hell because I had lost only 3 or 4 pounds in A MONTH. But then I looked at the measurements and they had gone down considerably. Kevin took a picture of me, and it was evident that I had lost weight.

The scale can be deceiving sometimes. You've heard it a million times - muscle is heavier than fat. So while you're losing the fat and gaining muscle, the scale's not budging. It's frustrating. That's why I'm a FIRM believer in taking measurements, too. :)

David said...

Cheers to you Rip !

Told ya those fast gained pounds are "somewhat" easy to lose.

Your words are inspiring either in your comments or in your blogs. Talk about rekindling the fire ... now let`s pour some gasoline on it !

Get some !