
Today's Weight: 225.5 (new low)
5 Day Average: 227.3
Calories Yesterday: 2050
Today I had a hard time walking down the stairs in my parking garage at work. Normally I would be depressed about something like that but I wasn't today. I thought about the fact that I "earned" the sore legs today. If you haven't had a chance to read Billy's latest post do so. It will make you think, then get pissed, think Bill's arrogant, re-think again, realize you could be doing more, come to the conclusion that Billy's trying to make a point and that hes not arrogant, but more or less trying to help us all out (with tuff luv maybe). Billy I commend you on your post and dedication to changing your lifestyle and physic and for sharing it with all of us. Isn't this the reason we all wanted to be involved with FAT in the first place? To live and learn from other people that are walking a similar path to health. My theory on life and people is (may sound selfish) if I cant take or learn something positive or look at them as some what of a role model then I don't need to waste my time. Every person I become friends with or spend the time getting to know has qualities that I want to emulate or has something positive to give. In return I hope people who have befriended me or get to know me expect and take the same in some way. With that being said there are a ton of people on the FAT coalition that I can take from and look up to, I feel lucky to be involved in what seems to be a bigger picture to me.
Last nights workout was something new for me. I had read Billy's proscribed plan for Kevin and figured what the hay I will give it a try. So I picked my three moves (burpees, hindu squats, and Bird Dogs). After a 15-20 min internet search and figuring out the movements and form (which is hard for me since I have nooooo rhythm) I set in for my 3 sets. Let me say this was the hardest workout I have done since starting my journey. The Burpees (which I never heard of) where moves that I vaguely remembered from middle school I think. When seeing someone do them you think that looks easy. I know this sounds totally wuss but I was only able to do 10 reps in each set of these. I was so glad that I was doing them in the comfort of my own home as I would have been embarrassed to do them at the gym. I felt like a 600 pound man trying to push himself up off the floor. My form quickly went to shit on these cause I was so exhausted. The hindu squats where much more doable but I think that is what actually killed my legs, same on the bird dogs. After my 3 sets I almost puked (closest I have come in a long time). At that point I was shot, so i decided to jump on the bike for 20 min. After my brief ride I was soooo done. I could barely muster enough energy to shower and walk to bed. So new goal for me is to master the burpee so I can do many more reps with good form and not feel and look as fat and out of shape as I did. Plus you can add a pushup and jump into the burpee movement which I was in no way ready to do.
breakfast, snacks, and lunch are all planned and packed. Keep on moving FAT.
5 comments:
Yeah, once i have finished my own workout schedule at the end of next week, i will set myself up for the program billy has posted.
RipX ... i want to encourage you to keep going. And to keep going strong ! Congrats on your new low !
You are getting closer and closer on my tail and it motivates me to push harder !
I'm like you, man. I worked pretty hard this morning - and I had Billy's post in the back of my mind the entire time. I was on the Elliptical, and I have been on speed 4 or 5 (new model, different setting). I remembered when Billy said something about "I'm on 14? Hell with it, put it at 15".
I ended up busting tail on setting 12.
You're right about FAT - individuals going towards the same goal. The big picture is what it's all about.
Thanks for your comment on my blog RipX ! I don't know how you find such great words all the time. You should write a motivational book. No, wait ... you should lose all the weight, to have something to show for, and then ... write a book !
Have a nice day !
I love your outlook of life, its so positive and the world needs more people like you!
That workout sounds intense, I cant wait to see the post from you where you are doing the workout at the level you want. Keep at it, you will conquer this to :)
Nice work, man. It sounds like you really earned it, and have a nice new low weigh-in to show for it. Exactly what I was talking about.
And yup- I'm all about the tough love. People go too easy on themselves these days. Everyone's so used to it. Sometimes you gotta shake things up and push, ya know?
That workout I posted for Kev was just something I pulled out of my a$$ for stuff to do if you have no access to equipment, but it should work pretty well. Glad it's working for you!
Post a Comment