I am not the type of guy that puts extra salt on anything but it seems like so much stuff is preloaded with salt. I ate a couple pickle spears with breakfast and thought "hey they only have 10 cals each" but then looked at the salt and they had 220mg each. So 2 pickles and a cliff builder bar puts me at 700mg of salt by 7:46am this morning. Not good.... Top that with the fact that todays my fathers 60th b-day and I am getting off early to go to his bash. You know what that means. My sister is one of the best bakers that I know and is preparring 5 different deserts. They are having a BBQ (I am taking some chicken lime burgers for Andi, Ry, and I) and we are supplying a big fruit dish as our side dish contribution. I feel like I should do pretty good tonight as I am feeling motivated but it could prove to be difficult. I know I have a few bad eating pounds to drop off to break even on weds weigh in so I have to be careful (228 this morning +3lbs). On top of that tommorrow is my wife and my 8 year anniversary. That usually means going out to eat or getting take out. This is how cool my wife is.... We were talking about what we wanted to do for our anniversary and we both aggreed that we didnt want to do any big gifts or stuff like that this year. We are both kind of in saving mode for a new house in the near future as our family grows. We talked about getting some take out and she says "Isnt that the night before your weigh in for tucks challenge???". So even my wonderful wife is watching out for me, Im a lucky guy. She has been really supportive lately and has helped keep me stay on track at times I may have not. Twice last week she said "Are you sure you want to do that, will you be mad at yourself tommorow morning?". OK, my post is getting really long and starting to wander and I am sure I have lost some readers due to my long winded ramblings.On a work out front I lifted pretty hard last night. To failure on several different lifts and I am not feeling sore today. I like being a little sore to remind me that I did it and that I need to do it again, so not feeling sore is bumming me out a little. I know there is a possibility that I will be really sore tomorrow. Note to self, I need to do more bike rides like I did on Friday, my legs feel really strong after that.
7 comments:
yea, I kinda wondered about salt myself. I've noticed several of the "healthy" things I eat have a decent amount of salt. I know its supposed to help you retain water, but aside from that I really dont know much about it. I'm like you in that I don't dowse my food in tons of extra salt. But it is surprising some of the salt that is already in the foods we eat.
There are just so many things to worry about when eating healthy, I decided to put salt on the back burner. Maybe its time to take a closer look.
I don't worry about salt at all. I just try to eat natural, whole foods vs. processed ones.
Ripx, see Rob's posts about how he handled the big social eating situation.
What I hear in you that I don't like is a sense that you have no control, that you're going to this BBQ and what choice do you have but eat unhealthy.
I want to hear you say "I can do this." You need to take control over yourself and show yourself who's boss. Your circumstances don't decide what you do, you decide.
Billy,
Wasn't trying to imply I have no control over what goes in my mouth. I know I have the end say of what I consume. I will make FAT proud tonight, I already know that. Today I am solid like a rock.
That's what I like to hear!
OK, they didn't used to call me the water girl for nothing. I find that when I eat more loosely on the weekends, my water consumption becomes crucial. Particularly when eating a bunch of salty foods, drinking a lot of water helps to counteract the effect of it.
It sounds like your wife is your #1 fan/supporter - that is so good! They say that losing weight with a partner is more effective, but you have the benefits that come with that even though your wife isn't on a diet. Lucky you! Congratulations on your anniversary. I'm sure the two of you can find ways to celebrate and make it memorable that don't center around food. ;)
Rebecca,
Thanks for the thought on upping the water consumption. I am drinking a ton today trying to wash out the salt but you hit the nail on the head for me and weekends. I don't drink near enough water on weekends.
I do fill lucky, I have a wonderful partner.
Happy Anniversary! Your wife rocks. Such a great support system you have there. I find myself in the same situations as you when I get in to social situations. I really have to question everything that Im putting in my mouth, and yes try to drink tons of water. Sometimes easier said than done eh? I cant wait till I can say, I owned that social event!
Post a Comment