Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's Still On!!

Today's weigh in 217 (new low)

That's 4.5 pounds in the ocean 11 contest. I am still a half pound behind Jason but definitely in striking distance. Don't count this old boy out.

I am actually trying to up my calorie intake a little as I think my body needs the extra drive during my workouts. Of course its with good clean foods. I have added one serving of carbs and one serving more of protein and it kind of helped restart the weight loss I think. The body is a weird thing and I wish it was as easy as just eating way less and loose weight. I know people say calories in calories out but there are some internal human body regulators that seem to kick you in the nuts and hold on to all your fat if you get your cals too low. Not that I was running severely low but I was sticking around 1600 cals. I have up'd it to about 1800-2000 and it seems to be working. Lets face it, I like to eat and adding a few more eats is a good thing in my book :). So lesson to the story is less doesnt always mean less weight. FEED THE FIRE!

We are leaving for camping tomorrow morning early (after our workout of course). Really looking forward to getting out. Saturday is my off day for workouts and I will be home sunday ready to hit the workout again. I will see if I can bore you all with some pictures of camping this weekend when I get back.

Have I said I feel motivated lately ;).

8 comments:

billy said...

Nice work man, congrats on the new low! Have fun camping!

David said...

Hello RipX,

I just read your comment on my blog and find it similar to what you blogged about today !

I absolutely agree with the point you are making. Still, i am quite confident i am eating well enough, maybe a bit too much actually. I was a bottomless pit on my 3-day, 170 miles, bike trip this weekend.

How about some more news : I have a heart CathLab intervention tomorrow morning, to correct a electrical imperfection i have dealt with all my life. I will have to stay off my feet for 3-4 days after that. I don't expect any weightloss during that time. Yet, after that, expect me to come back roaring with passion.

I just passed an important milestone in my running program this morning (5k under 30 min.) and must lose roughly 10 lbs to meet my next milestone in late August (10k under 60 min.). Therefore, i will be "full on" in the next 8 weeks to maximize my chances of success of meeting that goal.

I am really thinking about blogging in english because of all the interest you express. I have to tell you it is very appreciated.

Let me congratulate you for all the progresses you are making lately, but don't become complacent (sp?) ... you are remaining accountable !

If you want to know more about the heart problem i have ... it is the same as Bobby Julich once had : http://www.bobbyjulich.com/?p=46

Good weekend my friend !

Brian said...

it's really great to see you doing something and kicking some butt. I know you've had some tough times but it looks like you've really got your head into it this time.

Have a great camping trip!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the nutrition and caloric side of things is so damn confusing, i can hardly make sense of it.

My calories are okay, strickly speaking by the numbers, and yet the pounds go up.

But that's a whole 'nuther can of worms.

Keep it up, bro!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new low, man! Wow, there's just this energy seeping out of your posts lately. Very motivating!! :)

Anonymous said...

While I no longer have a "blogger" blog I do stop in a read some of the F.A.T. member's blogs and I just wanted to say I've enjoyed your blog. Sounds like you're kicking some ass with this getting in shape business.

Vince

lj said...

That's wonderful about the new low! Have fun camping!

Marcol said...

Looking good Rip! Im excited about your weight loss.