Just a quick thing that I realized today after reading the new gal Susie's blog. With my new low I am now officially just overweight, I have left Obese behind. Not sure if I totally agree with the whole BMI calculation but it feels better to see overweight instead of the obese I had seen in the past. According to the BMI calculator I should weigh somewhere between 137 and 183 to be considered normal. On a 6' man I think anything under 160 and you start looking like a Skeletor! Keep it real FAT.
note: got my first "have you lost weight?" today at work.... felt pretty good :)
8 comments:
Wow RipX, you are a posting machine this week ! Props for the new low and the BMI category upgrade !
Keep it up man !
David is leaving for a 160 miles, 3 days bike tour this weekend and hoping to be 2 pounds lighter when he gets back !
I know exactly how you feel. When I first saw that I was no longer considered obese I was so thrilled. It is definatly a good feeling!
I don't really know how I stand with the whole BMI ratings either. I can see how someone with a lot of lean muscle mass can cut down to below 160 and still look healthy (UFC fighters, Wrestlers) but I just don't think a living weight of 160 (for a 6'0" man) is all that healthy...
Either way, it still gives me something to aim for to get in their healthy range!
Thanks for your comment on my wall. I am usually drinking with roommates, just FYI. Also, if you beat me to onederland I'll give you my home address so you can come here and kick my ass. I think I'm going to go into extreme mode and just get real focused and start kicking my ass at the gym again. I miss that the most probably.
Congratulations on being overweight :)
I also remember the day I realized I was just overweight. Very exciting stuff.
That's awesome, Rip! Enjoy your new season of life as an Overweight fella - but don't stay too long!
I am curious about two things not pertaining to weight loss at all, though.
1 - Is there any meaning behind your handle of "RipX180?"
2 - Why don't you blog with your given name?
Just questions that have been floating around the back of my head lately, that's all.
Will,
Kind of cheesy but I have been using the Ripx handle on-line since I was about 18yo (I am 33 now). It originally came about cause I loved to down hill snow ski. ripping the slopes up in a extreme fashion... Ripx was kind of my abbreviation for that and it stuck. The 180 is the weight I would like to get to and then reevaluate. If you see a forum name starting with Ripx its most likely me... RipxFZ1 was one for a motorcycle I used to have, Ripx510 is for the datsun 510 which I rolled as a youngster etc... anyway enough history on Ripx
When I first started this blog I wanted to be unknown... Most people around the FAT coalition who have been around a while know my true Identity. My given name is Gage. I really didn't want people in my professional life stumbling onto fat pictures of me on the web. Plus I talk about allot of stuff besides weight loss that I wanted to keep separate from on-line searches of my given name.
There you have it Will... two questions get you long answers :)
And the truth comes out... GAGE.
Question 3: When football season rolls around, we had better finally get our meet n greet n grub n game on, seeing as how we're both in the PDX metro!
Hey Rip!
I'm glad to see you're going strong and hitting new lows. That is awesome news!
Post a Comment