Friday, July 4, 2008

Blowing FAT up on the 4th

Today's weigh in 215 (new low)
Ocean 11 6.5lbs lost

I managed to squeak out 2 pounds this week so that makes me happy. If I can keep that up then things will change at a pretty good pace. I have a plan for my meals today and am not really even worried about falling into 4th food. My parents are having their usual BBQ get together where there will be lots of temptation. But shit I face temptation every day at work with chocolate land mines around every corner on every desk. So I got this... Plus my cheat meal is planned for tomorrow and I am a man with a plan these days.

Will, Rise in July brother..... keep today clean!

Have a wonderful holiday!! don't forget to put old faithful out and thank those or remember those who have fought for our wonderful country.

Post 4th update:
Had a great time and kept my food really clean and in portion like I planned. I did however have 2 beers with a good friend I haven't seen in 6 months or so. I was plenty active with volleyball, trackball, Frisbee, and chucking the football. I am finally starting to look somewhat normal I think. My sister took this picture of me playing volleyball and I thought I looked ok. Still got a little gut as you can see and some other not so great parts but looking more tone in general. I felt really good also "physically". Never really got the winded tired feel I saw in allot of peoples faces and for that I know I am doing something right. Plus I wasnt all that sore the next few days after. Last year I felt crippled after the forth. Cant wait to see what I feel like next year. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Rip, you are impressive lately. A true inspiration. Keep up the great work!

billy said...

nice job man, keep it up

David said...

215 lbs .... wow great job man !
And great job keeping celeberation exagerrations in check !

Jason said...

I know how you feel about all the temptations at work...shit man, if I could get a 10th of a pound off for every 100 calories consumed by my coworks I'd be at like 100 lbs by now!

Wow man, you did an awesome job over the fourth! I wish I had that good of a weekend. You are looking great too. When I was 215 I felt like I was a fat blob, I think I'm still in denial and I'm just looking for the bad instead of the good.

If you see my blog, I'm right back in the hunt for the W in the challenge...where you at now?

Jason said...

sometimes no matter what you do, the weight just doesn't come off. are you taking measurements though? because although you may not be losing the weight right now you are probably losing inches! that's what happened to me in march, I couldn't lose weight, but I got a lot smaller!

You're the one with all the momentum right now, I'm just trying to sprint to the finish line before I run out of steam!!

You're doing an awesome job man, you are the example right now that everyone should be following

Jason said...

oh yeah, I'm in that boat too. Even though I feel smaller and stronger I still have fat that needs to go! The only thing I can think of, but I'm pretty sure you're watching it is sodium...it can really be a bitch with the weight loss. It seems as though you are doing a great job with your diet though, so you probably are already on top of that

Anonymous said...

Good to here it Gage. Keep the streak going on bro!

lj said...

Somewhat normal? You look totally normal. From that picture I never would have guessed you were ever someone working on weight issues.

Great job! keep up the good work!

David said...

Hey RipX,

You havent blogged in nearly a week. Has anything gone wrong ?
Hope the fire is still burning !

CYA
David

Jason said...

Where you been man? I hit today, where you at in the challenge?