Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Slowly Falling

Today's weigh in 216 (new low). -5.5 in the oceans 11 challenge.

As always the weekend flew by like it never happened. We had a really good time up camping. Granted the experience is a little different when you have two young kids. Its not quite as much fun and a lot more work, still worth the cost of admission in my book. Every year camping will become more enjoyable. My oldest son (3) loves camping and I am sure my 3 month old will too as he gets older. I got a chance to put on about 60 miles on my little Yamaha AT1-125 motorcycle. My friend Dan who's family went camping with us has a Yamaha just like mine. We actually purchased them from my neighbor who is moving soon. Anyway I love to fish in the alpine lakes so we set off Saturday morning with the thought of fresh trout for lunch. We had our Gifford Pinchot National Forest map and set out on our adventure. After about 20 miles or so of gravel roads and climbing elevation we ran into impassable snow. There was another lake about 10 miles from there that I knew of and guess what, more snow. So we reluctantly decided we should head back to camp and help our wives with the children etc. The cool thing about it is adding the motorcycles to the trip makes getting there half the fun. Yeah we didn't get to fish but we sure had fun trying. The water in the Lewis River was extra high so it was hard to find places to swim. Snow melt off also made the water really cold and hard to handle for much time. My dad took the picture to the right about a year ago in the campground we stayed in. Its really a beautiful river/forest. There was allot more water this last weekend. I took my camera but totally spaced getting it out.

I pulled a double workout yesterday. Did a weights session in the afternoon and ran a 5k last night (32 min). Eating has been really good minus my one cheat meal a week that I allow (usually Saturdays). I have noticed that I need to eat more often on the weekends, I sometimes forget and that's not a good way to keep the fire burning.

7 comments:

Jason said...

Looks like you are giving me a run for my money in the challenge! I don't know what I am because I'm going off my 5-day average so when I get 5 days in we will have to see how close we are!

I'm a huge fan of camping and don't do it hardly enough! Sounds like you had a great time.

It seems as though you are a well oiled weight loss machine right now! Going to be a fight to the end of this challenge huh??

Jason said...

If I can keep my average down in the 100's I'll be over 8lbs lost in the challenge....that said, I'm still kind of worried because I haven't had a streak of 11lbs lost since I've started this, I'll usually get between 8-10 then stall out for a month and with you having that fire lit under your ass you'll be in onderland with Geoff and I in no time!

But, I'm not giving this to you!! I'm going to kick my own ass as well!

Anonymous said...

Wow, gorgeous pic! I'm glad you still had fun camping. Yeah, when you add kids to the mix, it tends to change the experience a little. :)

Also, congrats on the new low. Damn, dude. You're just ripping through those pounds!

Jay said...

dang, who lit the fire under your ass!

David said...

You manage to go Camping AND lose weight ?1? That's a feat in itself dude !

Keep up the weightloss, you are doing great and seem more focused than ever !

Man, i long so much to run, you would not believe ! Gotta spend a couple more days on the couch before i can start walking and maybe a week before i can start running again !

inked said...

That sounds like a pretty badass trip aside from the snow...and what an awesome place to camp. Something about waterfalls that just rejuvenate the mind, body, and soul.

It looks like you and Jason are going to have a battle...I've set myself back a bit and am probably out of the running. But the good thing about this is that we are all winners, or losers, however you want to look at it.

Brian said...

good job on the weight loss. youalso just reminded me i'd really like to go camping....