Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thanks for the shoulder tap Kevin. I didn't realize it had been 5 days since my last blog but your right it has. So last weekend I decided (well unintentionally decided) to test out Billy's "Whats your true weight" theory. It was Saturday (my usual cheat meal day) and we went to a family members house for a get together. It was sort of a beat the heat day (it had been around 100f for 3 days strait here in the Portland, OR area). Anyway we got there about noon and there was a ton of sangria to drink so I partook. Definitely had my fair share of that. Sangria as we all know is really yummy but also is really loaded with calories when you look whats in it (fruit, wine, rum, triple sec, orange juice, added sugar). I didn't get bombed but I was definitely feeling good (see pic to the right, fat white guy in kiddie pool). Feeling good on the booze makes me want to eat. So I ate a whole bunch of stuff that normally isn't on my diet (you know the usual chips, dips, chains, and whips). Then topped all that garbage with dinner and desert (fruit sherbet). So I didn't weigh myself until Monday. I knew my weight would be up but up 4-5 pounds?!?!?! So Billy your theory is correct in the Ripx180 body. The weird thing to me is I usually eat around 2k cals a day (for the last few weeks anyway, used to be a little less). I am sure I was probably 1.5k over my normal intake on last Saturday. If I do the math that doesn't equal out to 4-5 pounds of weight gain. Anyway I mentally slapped myself for the indiscretion and have been balls to the wall this week. Haven't missed a workout and my diet has been spot on where I want it to be. This morning I was 210 so only 1 pound over my old new low. So it has taken me a good part of a week to clean up one stupid day of bad eating. So all you FATies out there remember You Pay To Play. Moderation and smaller portions on cheat meals are the way to go. Like my little blurp in my banner says its time to forget the past and get working on the present.

The end of this month marks my wife and my 9 year anniversary. I cant believe we have been married 9 years and that we have 2 children. Time really does fly the older you get (damn that pic to the left makes me feel old). This weekend we are trying to throw together a last minute trip to the Oregon Coast in celebration of those 9 years. We are both very much on board with diet and exercise so we will be taking our meal plans and exercise routines with us. We bought several sets of bands for weight resistance that is easy to pack into a suitcase that we will be using over the weekend. I am definitely looking forward to the weekend away from The Couve (Vancouver, wa). Let me say I am not looking for a weekend away from my health and fitness. Hopefully we will end up having wifi access but you never know. I will end this blog with some pics (I haven't bored you all with family pics in a while). My oldest son on the right was in my wife's brother's wedding.

6 comments:

lj said...

Congratulations on the 9 year anniversary! that's awesome! and your family is adorable!

how do you know the calories don't add up if you don't know how much you are burning? even if they don't add up what about sodium intake and water weight? just a thought. you'll drop that 4-5 lbs in no time!

David said...

Dude,

About that pic in the kiddie pool, you do not look bad at all.

Good to know you now have sweated off the weekend's transgressions.

The kids look great and congrats on the wedding anniversary. You seem like a great guy and i wish you many more years of fullfilling relationship with your wife and kids.

Kristen said...

David is correct. You do not look like a fat-ass at all.

And again, you really have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing the pics. I think that's nice sometimes :)

Brandon said...

Congrats on 9 years. It's 9 years for me and the little lady in November. Cute kiddies you got there, too.

Surprisingly, you look pretty thin in that tiny pool. Maybe it's like when you wear baggy clothes it can make you look bigger but clothes that fit right can make you look thinner. I think that little pool makes you look no bigger than 190 lbs. I think I might have to have to break out the kiddie pool for my next update photo.

Anonymous said...

What's up, G-Man?

Congrats on the anniversary!

(That's about all I can say - nothing health wise. My brain's drained!)

David said...

Hey man,

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for believing in me !

Can't wait to get some news about what is going on in RipX's world !