Well I am still kicking and screaming trying to hit my sub 200 goal by Jan 1 2009. This last Saturday I saw a 203 (new low) on the scale. However last night I had a pretty good slip up diet wise. I had one of my all time favorite dishes "Phad Thai". Its not so much the Thai food that I have the issue with but the size of the portion I ate. It was probably enough for 2 or 3 meals. It was pretty tasty and satisfying. I didn't weigh myself yesterday or today. I will jump back on the scale tomorrow after a good day of eating and a good workout. My mom made a comment to me about "looking like I am putting on some muscle". She said my arms and shoulders look more broad and defined. I was wearing a polo shirt that I hadn't worn in some time. It was kind of nice to hear as I spend at least half my time working out trying to add lean body mass. I do believe I have some pretty good muscles if I could only get rid of the inch or so of sea lion blubber that encases my entire body. Some where under it there lies a lean tone body.
We just got smacked by a arctic front blowing down from Canada. We are supposed to be in the teens to 20s for the remainder of the week with more snow come mid week. The roads were pretty dicey here in Portland, OR this morning. If it's worse on Wed this week I am working from home or not working at all.
Keep fighting the good fight. Glad to see a few of you picking back up the torch.
2 comments:
Rip, you can do this. With just over two weeks, yours is an attainable goal man. Just keep your head on and remember, your greatest tool against putting on the weight isn't your cardio or your weight training - it's your fork. Use it wisely.
Sea lion blubber ... ahahah !
But anyway, you rock dude !
I'm getting psyched back up these days, i'll be hot on your heels in no time.
CYA
Post a Comment