The main point of this post is mostly to push my last post down the page ;)... I am not too fond of looking at pictures of myself with my shirt off lol...
The last few days have been really good diet and exercise wise. I pounded out plyo on Tuesday and was pretty sore yesterday. My friend Dan and I got out and ran 3.5 miles in 33:00 minutes outside. That included a good half mile of pretty good hills which meant another half mile of down hill. I think the downhills are almost worse than the uphill. I have to put so much energy into keeping my speed down. It is definitely much nicer running with a friend outside in comparison to running on the treadmill. On the way home from work I stopped by our local Sports Authority and got a new heart rate monitor watch. I picked up the Polar F4. Not the cheapest but close to it at $89 bucks. It worked really well and tracks the things that I care to track. like I said around 33 min, 550 cals, average hr 151bpm etc. I think its going to be used allot. I want to see what kind of calories I am burning in the P90x workouts. Plus it will be a very good tool to make sure I am getting in the zone and not dogging it.
So this coming weekend I found a organized 5k run that Dan, his two kids, and myself are going to participate in. I wanted to try a 10k but they didnt offer it. They had a 8k and a 15k. Truthfully a 10k may have been a little aggresive for me. My son is going to do a 1k and my wife and some friends are going to do the 3.5k fitness walk. It should be allot of fun and a good way to start a Sunday. I am going to try to post a sub 30min 5k..... We will see what happens, wish me luck.
2 comments:
you can do it! You should also try for a 10k at some point, maybe even before you think you're ready. You may surprise yourself. After all, it's not a race , you can always walk if you need to.
Anyway, good luck and let us know how it goes!
Congrats on joining that run.
I wish there was a race around here for St-Patty's Day ... but all the streets are still mostly covered with ice.
+1 on what Brian said ... register for a 10k in some weeks and train for it. You are ready for that !
Post a Comment