So first off I know I haven't posted in well 2 weeks... I thought I only missed a week but hey the date stamp doesn't lie (march 15). If you read regularly at all you know I was on vacation in Idaho for a full week. I guess the prep leading up to it and finishing out this last weekend kept me away from the blog. I didn't swing the diet wrecking ball until Friday the 20th (the day we left for Idaho). I worked out hard and ate well up until that point. So needless to say I ate and drank like the old me for the last week. Truthfully my newer/truer self was in the back of my head the whole time saying your gonna pay for this jackassery that your committing. If it was on the bad list I probably ate it (yeah, pizza, ice cream, cookies, clam chowder, fried Chinese, Thai, chips, booze, etc...). I found myself in "Hey, I am on vacation" mode. I did find time to workout 2 times, played hoops, swam, and snow skied two days also, so we were somewhat active. Well I got on the scale this morning and knew it was going to be bad. Bad to the tune of 206.8. Yes..... ouch that hurt. Now my hope is that I can at least loose it as fast as I gained it. I am sure I can get back into the low 200s by the end of this week. I really need to get back in Onederland where I belong but I know that is crazy hard. We had a great time in Idaho. I skied better than I have in years due to my weight loss and fitness program. It was so much more fun to ski in better shape. Well I am now off vacation and its back to regular scheduled programming. Here are a few pics from the week.


While we were in Idaho we celebrated my youngest's 1st birthday so I have to post a few pics of that too.

As you can see he liked his first slice of cake.

Now to get to the meat and potatoes of this post. My good blogger buddy
David from the north asked me "Is your head still in it?". I say Hell yeah, I still have tons of shit to get done. With that being said I have decided to get all scientific because I am frankly tired of F-n around. I am going to count calories in (food using fitday) and calories out (workout cals burnt) and plug them into some simple equations that are easily found on the web
here. First I am going to calc my BMR
Mens BMR = 66 + (6.3 x Body Weight in lbs) + (12.9 x Height in inches) - (6.8 x age)
66+(6.3*206)+(12.9*72)-(6.8*34) = 2061.4
This gives me my Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) which is the amount of calories your body burns in a day, given that you do nothing more than exist. No eating, no walking, no getting out of bed. These are your ‘existence’ calories. From there you want to times it by a activity multiplier. I am going to choose 1.55 for moderate activity (given P90x).
2061.4 * 1.55 = 3195.17 calories.
subtract a thousand calories a day to theoretically give me a 2 pound weight loss a week (1 pound of fat = 3500 calories so -1000cals day * 7 = -7000 calories or 2 pounds lost a week).
My goal is to report weekly about my findings. The only way for me to really realize whats going on is to do what I am proposing. I want "more" results so I am ready to put forth the extra effort not only in my workouts but also in my diet. I have said "
Diet is more than 90% of loosing weight" a million times. I am not loosing weight as fast as I want to so now its time to give just as much effort to my diet as I do my exercise and see where the chips fall.
So yesterday my first day at being "scientific" my calories came in at 1796 (a little low) and workout calories where -545 via polar watch while doing CoreSynX (p90x). Today I have my breakfast, snacks, and lunch packed putting me at 1300ish calories before dinner. Workout for tonight is a run and cardioX. My wife is counting calories too so hopefully that will help since she prepares allot of our meals.
wish me luck and please stop by and leave me some comments from time to time. I can truthfully use the support of anyone who has the time to read and advise. I miss the active blog community we used to have.
1 comment:
Hey man, good to see you back. Thanks for the comment urging me to post again. I know you can get back under 200 quickly, remember that weight gained quickly is usually lost quickly (and vice versa). Keep the workouts and eating consistent and everything will even out.
Post a Comment