Monday, July 30, 2007

Back From a Long Weekend

I was happy to come back and see so much positive energy amongst the FAT coalition. So many new pictures of success that you all have earned through hard work and determination. After spending 4 nights out in the woods and not eating nearly as good as I could have I luckily didn't gain much weight. I did eat better than all the other people that where out there (besides my wife at times). I think it kind of help me realize that I don't have to eat like everyone else, that I can say "hey I am trying to loose some weight". I did have more slip ups then when I am in my own controlled life but I was cognitive to what I was putting in my mouth. We did go swimming and I did have to take off my shirt which I hate doing in public. I hope by our annual trip next year that I can take off my shirt and hold my head high. I think that would have to be my ultimate goal as I have never felt confident with my shirt off.

My wife made me a deal last night. I don't know if its a way for her to get out of work or a way to help motivate my jabba the hut butt. She said that she will make my lunches/snacks for me if I get in a good work out that day. She used to make them for me 50% of the time anyway but I took her challenge and have said in my head that it will help guarantee that I will work out at least Sunday-Wed :). I ran on the treadmill and did a upper body workout last night and sure enough there was my lunch ready and waiting this morning when I got up. Funny to think that my laziness may force me to workout so I don't have to make my own lunch.....go figure. I am getting my bike tuned up for some other activity which i can do outside.

reflecting on my journey so far I am kind of ashamed of my last couple weeks. I had been in sort of a funk and it showed in my weight loss and in my blogs. I am going to try to up my blogs in both attitude and frequency. I'm feeling like this could be a good month for the Rip-myster. I am going to really need to tighten down on everything to be able to scratch off my next goal on time.

2 comments:

billy said...

Don't be afraid to post on good days or bad, you know? We all go through funky times, and it helps to get it out there and hear that other people have similar problems...

Rob Tucker said...

As Billy said, this is exactly the place that you should let your bad days out. This is what we're here for.

It's easy to be a supportive group when everything is good - but that's not when you need the support.

The bad days are the MOST important days to blog, in my own opinion.

Oh, and AWESOME for your wife to give you that deal - it's the little things sometimes that make the biggest moves.