
I know its been a while since I have written a blog. Recently I haven't been able to really think about anything that is worth writing about. I think I have kind of allowed little things (food) sneak in from time to time. Allot like what Rob was talking about on his vacation. In my head I'm thinking "I have done pretty good this weekend" but then I think about what exactly I have eaten and it hasn't been all that great. The quality of food really isn't up to par nor have I eaten enough the last few days. 2-3 meals a day on the weekend is just not going to cut it. I noticed I started getting grouchy yesterday evening at my son and wife cause my son was being whiny. It was 6:30pm and I had maybe eaten 300-400 calories since 10 that morning. I am one of those guys that if I don't eat I get grouchy. Don't know if my blood sugar goes down or what. So we ate a subway and I felt much better (grilled chicken breast with lots of veggies). I just think I have been kind of lazy when it comes to diet and exercise the last 3-4 days. I have also had a few thoughts of doubt creep into my mind at times. With all the support from this group there is also pressure to perform. Yes, I know that thought is stupid but part of me feels like if I don't do well I am letting you all down. I guess like everyone else I am just afraid of failure my inner FAT has a mind of its own. I know its not a race and that it takes time and consistency. I WILL PRESS ON AND I WILL SUCCEED. Most likely I will just break even this week weight wise (was at 228.5 this morning). I know something has to change for me to be successful on this journey.
5 comments:
Just focus on being healthy during the times that you aren't losing weight.
BTW...you're not letting us down at all unless you just plain quit. We all have our rough times when we're not doing much well...me especially. The pressure here is the good kind. You should feel stressed if you just disappear :) I've been called out before. I've gotten so "irritated", but it was exactly what I needed to get my head back in the right place.
The weight will come off eventually. Just keep pushing.
Kristen.. who would DARE call anyone out on here? ;)
In all seriousness, I think it's good that you feel a level of accountability to this group - I know I do. I think about this group every time I cheat, or don't hit the gym, or my motivation is lacking. I've said a hundred times that I wouldn't have gotten to where I was without this group.
That being said, we're here for support, not to be judgemental. Find me a person who can lose all the weight, stay motivated the ENTIRE time, and never have a single doubt, and I'll find you a liar.
You'll be fine.. just remember that you're going to have the hard days, and you're going to have the easy days. Getting through the hard ones ain't easy, but you need to do it. Just be consistent, and never give up. You'll get there.
Yep, all good stuff. I think it helps to keep blogging, even if you aren't doing so well, because you'll at least be facing the fact that you aren't doing well and hopefully do something about it.
Go back to your very first post on this blog. See how far you've come and how much better you should feel. Looking back to where I started usually makes me feel pretty good and boosts me back to my goal.
Great point, Sharon. I'm so glad that I blogged occasionally during this whole process. It's very cool to go back and read about the way I was feeling and what motivated me throughout.
Post a Comment