
This weekend we have decided to head to the hills for another weekend of camping, hiking, fishing, berry picking, and fun. No worries that Ripx will go out there and turn to his gluttonous ways. My wife and I sat down and did a meal plan for the entire weekend which she has so nicely agreed to pick up today while I slave away at work. There is no huge group of people this time and no potluck to fall face first into. Just some good healthy eats and allot of fresh air. Ok I do have some coors light that I packed to go on the trip.
This week has been pretty solid for me both diet and exercise wise. I haven't missed a workout in the last 4 days. However I do have to thank Rob for one of his comments on my blog the other day (my wife reads this ya know.... :) ) Last night I was pretty beat and had a headache and told my wife I might skip my workout and she looked at me and said "Go ahead skip your workout and go be fat". Then proceeded to tell me I better make my lunch. My wife and I have a deal that if I work out she makes lunch if you didn't read that in a earlier blog of mine. Of course she said it jokingly but it kind of struck a cord or should I say a bad note. So off I went down the hall to put on my shorts and t-shirt and ready myself for a round of bike cardio. Let me tell you the bike thing is kicking my A$$, I think worse then running. My legs feel so tight after I ride it and sweat was poring off me profusely (almost kind of gross amounts). I guess my bike is in the garage so maybe the heat outside was getting me. Or maybe its the fact that I have the tension set pretty high and it really uses those large muscle groups. Anyway I finished the night off with some abs work and counter pushups (hit 80 tonight).
Work has been stressful on my end too (been reading about it on allot of other peoples blogs). Our fiscal year end is June 30th and I am still playing catch up now in August. It just hasn't let up. Luckily I am not expected to work crazy overtime or produce amazing feats that no mortal man could accomplish. I did finally get a nice ergo chair at work and that has seemed to help some of physical aches and pains. Mentally I am still mental....
Hope everyone else has a great weekend and continues to smash their old lows weight wise.
8 comments:
Good job for your wife - both for reading my comments, and for using them against you.
Some of our best motivation as guys is when our women call us out, unfortunately. Even worse?
When we know they're right (ain't that pretty much always?).
Wow ... that line of yours Rob is just superb !
RipX, can i enquire where are you guys headed in more details ? I like mountains and i am always on the lookout for new spots to visit !
You wife is just swell doing your lunches. Mine does too and i am so ever grateful for everything she does !
David we generally camp in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest (http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/). I have been going there since I was very young (as long as I can remember). There are two mountains that are very close to our destination. Mt St. Helens (in the pic, my parents took that shot) and Mt Adams. The PCT (Pacific Coast Trail http://www.pcta.org/) goes through that area and goes from Canada to Mexico. I have hiked and packed many miles on it and its truly a thing of beauty. I have experienced some of the most surreal moments in my life fishing the high mountain lakes in The Indian Heaven Wilderness (part of the Gifford). I cant say enough about it or the happy times it has given me over the years. If your into outdoors stuff and ever in southwest Washington its definetly worth some time in my eyes. Thats the beauty of the Pacific Northwest you have mountains and oceans all within less than 2 hours car ride.
just my opinion, but i don't think it would be wise for a husband to same the same thing to their wife. i think i'd feel so bad that i'd head straight for the oreo's.
Your are right Kristen, it's macho ego thing to be used only very cautiously on women.
Thanks for the references RipX, youre a chum. i'll make sure to pay a visit to that place when i'll be around.
have fun rip!
Sounds like a fun trip- nice work planning out the food ahead of time!
Im so jelous of your trip, Ive been really itching to do a trip like that!
And great job getting that workout in. Kudos to your wife for that tough love ;)
Post a Comment