Todays Weigh in : 227 (new low)5 day Average: 227.8
Do you ever have days where you just feel like your gonna pass out or start head banging at your desk? Or do you ever feel like you are somewhat stuck in a rut? I used to look at my parents and say "man I will never get stuck in a rut like that when I am older". Well life has handed me my rut and here I am. I am the weekend warrior that we all talk about. The guy that lives for the weekend and free time. The work weeks keep pilling up and I dread them but push on week after week because I have to. At least I am able to work 4 10hour days and be a warrior 1 more day than some others. Plus it gives me a "daddy day" where my son and I get some 1 on 1 time which is soooo nice. I have been caught in the not enough sleep rut for quite some time now. Mon-Thurs work is 6am to 4:30pm with a 40 min commute on each end. Of course during the week I want to feel like I have some not work me time. So I stay up till almost 11 every night and the alarm goes off at 4:45am. As of late Ryan my son has been breaking molars (getting new teeth). So this results in him waking up crying several times a night (like when he was 4 months old). So there goes a hour of my 5-6 hours of sleep I get a night. Anyway I was actually kind of happy to see that little stinker head banging in his high chair during lunch yesterday (my wife was nice enough to send the pic). Luckily its my Friday and the weekend is almost here and I can do my usual catching up on sleep so I can get back in my rut come Monday. I know i just went on a mini rant but believe me I know that I am blessed to have the life and opportunities I have been given. I can pretty much say that I have got what I always wanted and expected (a loving wife, a child, a good job, descent living standard, and tons of great family and friends). Yeah I would like to win the lottery or become wealthy but hey that doesn't happen to most of us.
Ohh yeah this is a healthy life style blog.... Got in another good workout last night. A serious round of HIIT and some kitchen counter push ups, complements of Kevin's blog. Diet was spot on yesterday again so I am feeling great about that (4 days in a row). I am considering having a ice latte this morning..... hum..... Anyway hope this finds all my brother and sister FAT coalitionists healthy, happy, and loosing weight.
9 comments:
Im am so with you about those things we have and sometimes lose focus on.
I just read Lance Armstrong's book last month and every once in a while i just stopped reading to hug my baby or my girlfriend. The book made me realise that i must collect all this happiness that surrounds me.
Go pushups ... i think they are fantastic exercises too !
I hear ya man. Sometimes the routine just backs up on you. We're all lucky in our own ways. For me, I'm lucky to have a great job and a 2 mile bike commute. You have a great family. I hope to have that some day :)
"It's Not About The Bike", David? Great book.
As for being busy, it's good to see you being able to separate things and just go for it. I know those days well. It's like gravity tripled.
Yes Rob that's the one !
And once again RipX ... i applaud your efforts for not trying to find excuses to miss a workout even though you have a crazy schedule !
Ok guys I am going to have to pick up the Lance Armstrong book. I have Metabolism advantage by John Berardi coming from amazon as we speak. So I'm stocking up on some reading from recommendations of you all. I can always use that little extra motivation or drive.
Great blog today :)
Its always nice to be reminded of the things you sometimes forget.
Im jelous of your 10 hour 4 day work week. I bet that makes your weekend fabulous :)
iced latte...mmmm...
Hey Rip!
I completely understand how you felt when you were a child not wanting to end up in the day to day grind of life doing the same ole day in and day out. Im starting to wonder is there really any other way? I used to work really crazy hours and put off loved ones - terrible mistake. I know you know this, always put them first they'll be there when the job is gone.
Cute picture of your little stinker. Its nice to hear a father appreciate spending time with child and not seeing it as a chore.
:)
Hope you have a good weekend and can catch some rest! :o)
Post a Comment