
Tie a weight around my leg and throw me in.... So I pulled off another typical Ripx weekend. Friday I practiced one of my best skills "gluttony". We went to the local County Fair to ride the rides, see the sights, pet the animals etc.... You know what else the fair has, really good fair food.... So just so you can see how bad I am, I am going to blog my meals for Friday.
breakfast - starbucks- 12oz Americana, and breakfast sandwich (English muffin, cheese, egg, and bacon).
Lunch - at the fair... durner sandwich (gyro - pita, cheese, seasoned steak etc), strawberry lemonade, bite of my wife corn dog, a few fries, and a couple bites of cotton candy.
dinner - pizza, called the jester (tons of meats, cheeses, and not many veggies. of course I washed that down with 2 killieans red (beers). I justified that cause we where taking my brother in law out for a celebration dinner for getting though the Fire Academy and officially going on-line.
I woke up the next day and almost cry'd when I got on the scale and saw 232 (5 pounds people). Yes I know its most likely salt and water retention but I was thoroughly disgusted at myself. I started careening off in a bad direction again on Sunday but luckily my lovely wife threw me a bone and said "Honey if you don't work out and eat like this your are going to be really mad at yourself come Tuesday". I quickly realized that yes I was setting myself up for another no weight loss week. I keep having really strong weeks but weak weekends. I am essentially shooting myself in the foot and I know it but keep falling into the same traps. I know what it takes to loose weight, I have done it before. I am trying to teach myself to see food as fuel and not enjoyment/entertainment/pleasure. I think social situation are what get me the worst.
I did crank out a really good session of HIIT last night, and some 100s. Got my bike back on Sunday also so i am hoping to mix things up with it cardio wise. I also cracked open the metabolism advantage book. I read Robs blog on meritocracy, it says allot about my half a$$ attempt I have been putting in on weekends. I have to quit trying to lie to myself and make excuses/reasons to act like a fool.
New short term goal for me. I will have a blog that says what a good weekend I had fitness and diet wise in the near future or I am never going to "Learn how to Live" as my blog states.
I hope none of you feel you are wasting your time on me... I truthfully want to suceed and have not given up on myself.
8 comments:
Just remember how you feel next time you want to splurge. A little bit is okay - as long as it can be controlled. I've been like this the last few days. Stress is the main reason. I just want to eat everything NOT good for me. Apple? Naaaah. Pizza? With extra cheese and double all the meats they have? SURE!
Here's the difference, though. Before, would you have even thought twice about what you ate? Much less stepped on the scale the morning after? Probably not. These are all baby steps to a successful lifestyle change. :)
Dude, food on a stick is IRRESTABLE! Stay away from the festivals. Forgive yourself, dust off yer bum, and do better today.
Beck beat me to it and said everything I was thinking.
One step at a time - and remember that feeling of disgust. Keep in mind, you did that to yourself. We're our own worst enemy.
One other thing - my best motivation comes from my wife. She'll call me out in a heartbeat if she sees me cheating on the diet. If your wife is doing the same, that's always a good start.
You'll be fine - you know what you've got to do - just do it.
And yeah, you're a dingy, but you're also human.
Rip - dont ever give up. One thing to remember is nothing ever beat a failute like a try. Im a living witness that if you just stick with it, youll overcome your obstacles and food demons and give them a good ass kicking. NEVER QUIT!!!! This is a learning process and we eventually get tired of making certain choices and we do better. Like Beck said you at least are aware. Thats a step in the right direction. Keep your head up!
Kickass blog today RipX. I can relate to many things you blogged about !
Don't let that 232 throw you down and just drown it in sweat. Those fast gained pounds are usually the easiest to lose !
Now i don't want to mess with you, but i thought that menu wasn't really that bad. I have a homemade breakfast sandwich just like that almost every morning. I'd say the worst thing must have been the sugar in the lemonade and the cotton candy in your lunch. And for dinner, it all depends on how many slices of pizza you had. On paper, i say it's not a disaster. Not your best day either, but not a disaster nonetheless.
CYA tomorrow !
hello and thanks for the nice words!! i'll be going through your old entries to check out your journey thus far, but on first glance it looks like you've been doing well, so congrats on that!! your words of support will definitely help me along on my own fitness quest, so i truly, truly appreciate you caring to read and respond to my postings.
cheers!
-mick
Geez, are we living the same weekend life? Sure does sound like it. Im a sucker for anything that has fair food. Its like I lose all self control! My weekends can sometimes feel like an open pit.
Maybe if you break it up each weekend and try to conquer one thing at a time. Like one weekend focus on eating good, maybe a certain meals out of the weekend. Than the next add in another small goal and before you know it, its easier than you thought :)
And remember, we are always are worse critic. I know that first hand!
Rip,
I'm with you man, I've had a hard time over the last week. Let's get this thing back on track together and win this august challenge, there's still time!
J
Post a Comment