
The weekend has come and gone like it does every week for me. Now all that is left are some really good memories. I stayed pretty true to my diet since we preplanned our meals. Had a few little snacks here and there creep in (that my parents brought up). I did drink some alcohol on both Friday and Saturday night. I didn't get wasted or anything and kept it to diet sodas mixed with vodka or bourbon. I guess I did have a couple malted beverages that proably did have some hidden carbs etc. All in all given the situation I feel like I did pretty well. I really didn't do any form of formal exercise just the usual walks and gathering wood etc. So not a great weekend diet and exercise wise but better than the old ripx would have had. It was really nice to get out there and clear my head and focus on whats important to me from time to time. Funny thing is I thought about the FAT coalition off and on through out the weekend. It was hard not to talk about it to my folks who don't know I have been blogging. I guess part of me is still afraid of failure and people seeing me as weird for putting myself out there on the WWW for all to see. I know what I am doing is not about failure but about change and making my life and those around better off for knowing me. My mom did ask if I had lost some weight which was a nice plus. This last weekend was said to be the most active nights for shooting stars or meteor showers. I saw one of the best ones I have ever seen in my life. Its nice to make positive good memories that you can carry for along time and recollect on from time to time. To me it's what makes life worth living. Spent some really good time with my dad (who's turning 60 this year) gazing up at the stars talking about day to day life. Or looking at my grinning son across the table eating a breakfast sandwich saying "Daddy, I like camping do you?". Cuddling up with my wife after a long day talking about good times (it got down to 34 one night so the cuddling was really nice BURR). It was a good weekend.
Shifting gears here, sorry for the long ramble above. With all the talk of counting calories and my not so impressive weight loss as of late I think its time for me to maybe spend a few weeks doing just that (counting calories). I have already paid for the fitday.com software a long while ago and have not really used it a ton. I kind of wonder if my portion control is a little out of whack or if what I am eating isn't as good as I thought it was. Watch for a post coming from me detailing more about this, if I don't post it roast it (me that is).
For Today
Cliff Builder Bar
25 almonds
half sandwich (whole wheat, no mayo, turkey breast, tomato, lettuce)
Tillamook Yogurt - (might have to ditch these 31g sugars)
Chicken breast and veggies for dinner
12oz milk 1% fat
small Italian ice cup for desert (65 cal)
cal = 1650 via fitday. I don't think thats quite enough for me but I will go with it today.
Chicken breast and veggies for dinner
12oz milk 1% fat
small Italian ice cup for desert (65 cal)
cal = 1650 via fitday. I don't think thats quite enough for me but I will go with it today.
Keep the blogs rolling FAT it helps make my day to day not so mudane.
also saw this article on Digg.com. Its not a great article but kind of interesting since it talks about the mental part of being fat and loosing weight.
also saw this article on Digg.com. Its not a great article but kind of interesting since it talks about the mental part of being fat and loosing weight.
7 comments:
Hi RipX,
Glad you enjoyed your Weekend. Looks like you had a lot of good precious time with your family.
As for counting calories, i know it's important and all, but i dont know how you can do it ! Me, i just can't ! I can't bring my self to measure everything and calculate this and that. It takes all the fun out of it !
I have some weighloss results so far, which keep me going and tell me that i don't really need to count calories if i don't want to ! That doesnt mean i eat anything i want though !
Tada !
Hey David,
Not doing it really cause I want to so to speak. I have just had a slow spot in loosing weight. I know some of its due to cheating on the diet but not all of it. Counting cals isn't something I want to do for ever just something for a little while to makes sure I understand what a good portion is for me... what makes up 2000 cal of food etc. I think I have a good idea but just want to be 100% positive. Just been doing to much 2 steps forward 2 steps back. Thanks for the thoughts though.
Sounds like you had a good weekend. Some people are so focused on diet/weight loss that they forget what really matters. Perhaps you didn't get all the activity you wanted, but you did the most important things - spending time with your family.
Although it's tedious and time-consuming, counting calories has definitely been essential for me. Knowing what certain amounts look like, and being forced to pay attention to exactly how many calories/protein/fat are in something brings a new level of awareness and discipline. Even if you only do it every other week, or for a week/month, it will probably be helpful.
Sounds like a successful weekend to me. You were conscious of it, but you still lived your life.
I smiled as I read what you were saying about your dad, wife and kid. I'm glad to see you recognizing the good things - no, the amazing things, in your life.
That's why we're trying to lose this weight in the first place, right? To spend more time with them in the long run.
You're right, that article wasn't very good, but it really hilighted something I've always thought about this process. The mental aspect is king.
As for counting calories, I've done it, and I do it, not all the time, not precisely, but just to get a sense of appropriate amounts.
A rule I go by- for every 10g of carbs there should be at least 1g of fiber. It's a good rule to stick by!
Man, counting calories is hard work, but probably worth it. As I log my daily intake, I'm always amazed by how quickly we can consume calories, but how much it takes to burn them off. Like my banana and oatmeal this morning, about 250 calories. I ate it in my car on the way to work, about fifteen minutes. To burn this sensible enough breakfast? Walk or run more than two miles or bike half an hour. Bummer.
good post. Sounds like a really relaxing time!
You're coming back with a renewed sense of energy and focus. That's what I like to see!
Post a Comment