Monday, August 20, 2007

Rained Out....


This last weekend was a annual trip that we take with friends each year to do fishing/water sports. Generally the weather in August is really good even here in Washington. We left with the local weather mans words in our minds "chance of scattered showers". Saturday 5pm came and it was constant showers and down pour. We had one 10x10 tarp that 8 of us were all huddled under and a bunch of tents for sleeping. Tons of rain and being trapped in a 10x10 area with 2 two year old kidos gets old really quick. So it was a group decision to pack up and head home. About a third of the way into our tear down the other couples decide they are going to stick it out because one couple decided they didn't want to pack up that night. Anyway we stayed committed to leaving but felt like A holes for ditching early. We did skip on the group meal plan and brought our own stuff so I was able to stay on my healthier diet. Took a little crap here and there for that but most were supportive of our choices. Although they kept calling it a diet which kind of hit a nerve a few times. I cant think of it like that or it will never work for me, diets just don't work. I did have some light beers and a little bit of rum with diet soda. So I was over my calories for the day which in the end will probably nip me in the butt some. We did play whiffle ball and Frisbee which was fun and active. My whole side of my body is sore from being the pitcher for several at bats. By the end of the ball game I could throw a pretty mean curve and slider though. :). For the time we had there I had a great time, just wish it wasn't cut early by the weather but hey I told them I was a fair weather camper ahead of time.

Tonight I am planning another round against the burpees and a few other exercises Billy recommended. Then a run on the treadmill. Diet will be good as it always is on the weekdays. I weighed in at 227 this morning and my 5 day is shot cause I am not taking a scale with me on vacation or people would really think I am a nut job.

Time to put in some more effort cause "you get what you earn".... man thats been rolling around in my head allot these days.

6 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

I don't blame you - I like to think of myself as 'rugged' - but that'd be a total lie :)

billy said...

Yeah, it sucks when other people bust your balls or call it a "diet", I totally know what you mean. But you know what? If you stick with it, and make it a lifestyle, people will notice. And they won't call it a diet or question you anymore. People look at what I've done and now they know they don't have shit to say ;)

Stick to your guns, don't worry about what people say.

Anonymous said...

I fuel my desire to reach my goals with those kind of comments about diets. Instead of arguing with them, just succeed in your quest and prove them wrong !

Kristen said...

We must have gotten your rain today. It's absolutely pouring here. We really need it though.

Anonymous said...

Ah, rain. Sorry it ruined your camping experience. I remember having the rain spoil good times but now I just long for a rainy day.

Today it was only 102 but tomorrow is looking at 111 again. No rain. I'm tired of the heat. I miss the rainy Michigan days.

Enough of that. The "diet" thing bugs me too. People saying "Can you eat that on your diet?" THAT drives me crazy! I can eat anything I want...just not the whole bowl, or the whole bag, or the whole box...I think you get the picture.

Marcol said...

Hey Rip - batter up! :)

I think we sometimes have a misconception of the word "diet". Diet simply refers to type of meal plan one follows. A diet isn't really a restricted eating plan - the things people eat make up their diet. Youve just decided to make your diet a healthier version. Like someone said (Billy perhaps) you just have to make up in your mind that this isnt a short-term way of eating but rather a lifestyle.

People are always interesting. When you woof down tons of hotdogs, cake and chips the same people say damn he eats too much or look at how fat he is - now that youre getting a grip on your eating they have something to gripe about with that too. Its so true you can never please all the people all the time. Go figure ;)