Earlier in the week we had asked my parents if they would watch Ryan our son so we could do a
dinner and movie with my sister and her fiancée. They said yes and we were looking forward to a night on the town with out kido (doesn't happen very often). We went and saw the new Bourne Ultimatum movie. I really enjoyed the movie, if you liked the other ones this ones worth seeing. After we saw the movie we went to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack. Joe's is a pretty new restaurant here in Vancouver. Anyway I guess moral to the story is its nearly impossible to eat healthy at the shack. I did take part in some crab dip and popcorn shrimp appetizers. For my main dish I stuck with a non breaded chicken that was toped with grilled prawns and crab meat. It was pretty good and I managed to save half for later. They had 3 dollar margaritas so I had 1 and 1/2 of those. I guess I am trying to spill the beans cause I feel guilty. My eating the last few days hasn't been the greatest. It was a nice night out and I am getting ready for a healthy breakfast right after I finish typing this. I don't feel like I have gotten off the train just made a stop in bad food town. I'm back on board and rolling in the right direction.Hope you are all having fun healthy weekends.
3 comments:
you gotta give yourself a few meals off...a lot of folks think that cheating every once in a while helps more than sticking with it 100%
Sounds like you did ok for what you had to choose from. Looks like you were conscious of what you were eating, which is important.
I've had that meal, and know exactly what you mean about Joe's. For seafood, there's not many healthy options there. It blew my mind that you couldn't just get a fillet of fish grilled there.
You made me applaud when I saw you took half of it home with you. Great work, man.
Post a Comment