
Starting Weight: 240
Todays Weigh in : 226
Todays Weigh in : 226
5 day Average : nuked from the weekend gone
Weight Lost this week: .5
Total Weight lost : 14
Total Weight lost : 14
Last night was Ripx VS Burpees/Hindues/pushups. I faired much better this time around than the first time I battled this threesome. My burpee form was much better and the movements seemed smoother and more precise. I still notice my gut getting in the way when I do the jump up from pushup position. My knees somewhat smash into it or twang out to the sides like a fat frog leaping across lily pads (ok maybe stumps since I would annihilate a poor lily pad). After my 3 sets I immediately jumped on the treadmill for a 30 min round of HIIT. I was pretty bushed after that. I ate some spicy chicken for dinner last night and it really didn't like HIIT (note to self don't eat spicy chicken on hard cardio nights)
I have been watching my second goal weight date approach slowly but surely in a much faster fashion than I am currently loosing weight. It kind of depresses me and I know that there is no way I am going to be able to hit that goal realistically. I am going to leave it there as a reminder that slaps me in the face every time I log to the blog. I also am keenly aware that this will skew my other goals and possibly push them out also. Does this make me a failure?? Sure a little... so maybe I have lost the battle but no way am I going to loose the war. I do feel slightly discouraged about the whole goal thing but I realize that what i am doing is positively affecting me and the people around me. I feel much better physically and mentally, allot of the aches and pains of being fat and out of shape are diminishing. I have a long way to go, but I am looking forward to earning every drop of sweat and pound lost.
Thanks again all F.A.T members for having my back and for mentally pushing me up the hills when needed. I know so far I am not a star performer but I am getting there and I owe you all thanks for that. This group helps keep "why" at the front of my mind.
9 comments:
Hey RipX,
You are only half a lbs away from your lowest which was just last Wednesday. At 225.5 you will be back in new territory.
You should already feel much better at 226 than when you were at 240 ! And that is only just a glimpse of how awesome you will feel at 180 lbs.
Dude, you're FAR from a failure. You've lost 14 lbs, thats a great start.
Oh, and I've missed plenty of my goal dates, plenty. Didn't slow me down a bit. Does that make me a failure?
Nuff said. Becoming discouraged is counterproductive. Feel good, feel strong. You're doing great, keep doing it.
I'm with Billy. You're surely not a failure. The point of goals is to give you something to work toward. If they're not realistic, they can do the opposite, so you might want to adjust your goals to the rate at which you really lose weight. But even that does not make you a failure.
I honestly don't remember the last time that I *DID* hit the goal in the time that I had planned. I've always "come up short"
The rule you need to remember is, it's not when you hit the goal, it's IF you hit the goal.
14 pounds is no joke. Picture a 14 pound bowling ball. You've lost that.
That's a winner to me. Keep your head up.
Thank you for the mental image of your gut getting in the way of your knees during your burpees. All the supportive comments aside, you have to laugh at yourself sometimes. I'm facing the same improbability of meeting my goal. I'm not worried if I don't, it is just there as a target, to push you harder. We're all right there with you, boss.
I can't tell you how many times I've changed my goal dates. It's all part of figuring out how YOUR body works. You're only 11 weeks in (and 14 pounds down...nothing to sneeze at!!), so you've still got to see how much weight your body loses each month, what your weight trends are, how your body reacts to certain foods (carbs, sodium, etc) and so on. Even if you didn't hit your goal, you're in no way a failure. The only thing that could make you a failure is for you to miss your goal and give up altogether.
You're doing great. Don't let a missed goal or two make you think differently.
Hey Rip!
Failure? Come on, youre far from that, very far. Failure is not defined by if youve succeeded at the rate you set. Failure is not having tried and we know youve tried. I think Rob's bowling ball image is a good one. Imagine how you used to feel carrying that around and then tell me you havent come a long way.
Like the others Ive had to change my goals. Just remember changing the date on your goals doesnt mean you have to give up on your goal. Just go at it with all youve got. One thing I learned in WW is you can only control what you do (what you eat, how much you eat and your activity level) the amount of fat and the rate at which you take it off is out of your control - your body has a mind of its own. But if you keep doing all the right things long enough, it will have to relent. Your 14 pounds is a testament to this. Stick with it my friend!
One thing you may want to think about since you kinda keep teatering around the same weight is decreasing your calories and increasing your physical activity. Would you mind over the next 3 days logging everything youve eaten? I'll tell you the next step if youre willing to do this. The best three days to log would be where one of those days included a weekend day (ie. Thursday, Friday & Saturday).
Hey Rip,
I'm with you here, my next goal weight is rapidly approaching with little hope of reaching it by that time.
You're definately putting the effort in (and carrying us through August), and you're making steady progress...that's nothing to sneeze at! Keep it up and let's go out and get our next goals!
Ripx,
I just wanted to say that I am glad you're around. You are always blogging and always commenting. You've really helped breathe some new life into the FAT Coalition, and I appreciate you for that.
Don't get discouraged. Just think about how much healthier you are already. I love the bowling ball image.
You are a STAR performer. I think that 14 lbs in 11 weeks is very healthy. Sounds like you are making real changes that you can live with long term.
It's only failure if you give up, and I don't see that happening anytime soon. You might surprise yourself by really focusing on your goal and making it at the last minute - or coming close to it?
Post a Comment